Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Job Drug Test Dilemma

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Qj3ster, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Alright so about 30 minutes ago I was driving to work like normal, but then one of my friends from work calls and says they are drug testing today. She had already admitted to being dirty, so with our job drug policy if you admit it's in there they suspend you for 3 days and then test again after 30 days. So I think our policy is a lot nicer than others, so she told me not to come. So now I am sitting here, and now she's telling me they are just drug testing us, not just randomly pulling people. So I have already skipped out today, now I most likely will be walking in tomorrow to a nice fat drug test.

So my question to you is, I honestly do not want to stop smoking, so should I try and detox myself before tomorrow? Keep in mind if I say I am clean and they find it I am fired automatically. Or should I admit to doing it take the suspension smoke till like 7 days before the 30 days and get those 7 day detox kits?

Or should I just admit, take suspension and not smoke at all for the 30 days.

2. I wouldn't risk my job over bud, but that's me. You should admit and completely prepare yourself for the 30 day test.

3. man tough call, I would just admit to being dirty if they are only going to suspend you for 3 day and that way you wont loose your job. Think about it, with out a job you will be with out weed also.

4. Yeah I know I just am thinking the 30 days is going to be fucking painful. Because I am around it everyday, so the temptation will suck ass. This job only pays $7 an hour so it's not that big of deal, but I will go the 30 days. Maybe my tolerance will be put down. The problem is I also still have about 9 Grams of chronic left. I'm wondering if I should smoke all of it tonight as a last horah. Or if I should sell it, wouldn't want to save it for 30 days would you?

5. smoke it tonight as a going out party lol

6. Send it to me i will deal with it...

7. roll yourself something nice and fat to smoke to the face , great way to start your 30 day detox

8. Ask your friend how they did the test. You might bee able to get a bottle of fake pee or something.

9. lol for a 7 dollar an hour job say your clean use detox, if you fail tell them to go fuck themselves and find somebody else to work for 7$ an hour.

10. you could smoke for 3 weeks and do some serious detox and be fine, then keep tokin after

11. If you can find another, same wage job (which might not be hard considering the rate) then get fired/quit. Might not look good on a resume that said you got fired for drugs.

So either detox or quit, if you can.

12. find someone with clean piss and substitute

13. its getting harder and harder to find jobs. so i'd prob just admit it and clean up in the 30 days. yea thats a nice option to have, most places would just fire ya. so i'd take advantage of them being nice. it will suck going on a break but it will be so worth it in the long run.

14. #14 zpyro, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
    Why not go to the nearest headshop and buy the fake urine? :confused: That's what I plan on doing when I go back to work, if they want to test me. The only time I've been tested for work was working for DirecTV, got in a fenderbender in the van, went back to the shop and a sup. took me down the street to the testing place. Std procedure, I never did anything while workin for them so it was all good. If I go back to work for em I'm keeping one on me in the van just in case. They aren't gonna watch you piss, and the fake urine isn't all that expensive.

I dunno how good your job is, but you gotta consider the current job market. There ain't much to choose from. I say, if you can't go the fake urine route, just man up and stop smoking for 30 days. Just remember that there is nothing in pot that is actually addictive, it's not like cigarettes or heroin where your body "needs" it and you go through withdrawals. It's more psychological, up in your head. Take responsibility, admit you're dirty, and do the 30 days.

And buy the fake urine :p

15. Alright so I had yesterday off, I go into work in about 2 hours. 1 of my other guys that should have gotten tested didn't have his phone so I couldn't warn him. He went in and they didn't even test him. I think this is going back to an incident where the 2 girls that got suspended where splitting up an 8th they got in the work bathroom. So I think that is the reason, hearing mixed opinions so I am not for sure if they will be confronting me today. Guess we wait and see.

They actually don't test if you admit you will be dirty no sense in it. If they test me that is meaning I agree that I am clean, so if they find it auto fire. And yes for the men they will have an supervisor in there while I pee.

I'll let you guys know what happened after work, if I am suspended or not.

16. i would say fuck it. find a new job. unless you live somewhere where 7$/hour is really good...

17. So here's the dealio... you're potentially being tested... this is obviously a reocurring consideration for your employer... it's inevitable that they'll catch you off guard...

consider this as well, you admit, wait 30 days, and 1 of 2 things happen:
    1 - you goof up somehow, don't wiat long enough (maybe you smoke a lot), and/or the detox doesn't take.... you're now dirty, and get fired...
    2 - you pass the 2nd time around... there's a good chance if you fail/admit again, you get fired...

i suggest you admit, and look for another job in the meantime.. one that preferrably doesn't administer a DT...

18. Alright so I am back from work and am in the clear, they only tested those 2 girls. Because the site leader heard them talking about it and splitting it in the bathroom. My jobs DT policy is very polite compared to others. And this is the first time in my entire year of working there I have had to worry about a drug test. My supervisor smokes and knows we smoke to he doesn't care. Site Leader is like HIGH HIGH management so that is the cause for the DT.

And my supervisor told my 2 friends that this will be the only time they will test you. He said if you are clean at the end of 30 days they will not test again. He said pretty much we need to make sure you can stop enough to save your job.

So my job is safe and I am happy ha.

19. LOTS OF niacin and cranberry juice and green tea

seriously, people have gotten it out their systems in hours.

20. #20 zpyro, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
    LOL Don't think they can do that. Who gives the supervisor the right to look at your dick??? :rolleyes: Sounds like a nice sexual harassment suit right there. Are you working for the Feds or somethin? Sounds more like you're workin at WalMart or somethin. There is absolutely NO way I would ever allow ANYBODY to watch me piss in a cup unless it was required by law.

Then again if you didn't pay attention to the documents you signed when you started working, you might have consented to such an invasion of privacy....

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cach...gal&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=firefox-a

"Supervised" Collection Process
    "Supervised" collections are used by some Agencies where drug testing is a part of their overall program and the likelihood of legal actions are almost non-existent. It assumes the agency has verified the client's identification. This process is the least discomforting to the Client and Collector, yet provides a basic level of security to ensure the sample is correctly identified.
    1. Client completes their portion of the Requisition as described in the Test Requisition document.
    2. Collector gives the Client a choice of several new specimen containers and instruct him / her to select one and urinate into the container to fill it at least 1/2 full (40ml).
    3. Client uses a designated Restroom to provide the specimen. Collector is present outside the door, and does not enter the restroom. (The restroom is checked prior to the client's use.)
    4. The Client should be instructed not to wash their hands or run the water in the sink or flush the toilet until they have handed the specimen to the Collector and the Security Seal is attached. Then the Client may be allowed to wash their hands and flush the toilet.
    5. The specimen should be checked for proper temperature immediately after collection. It should feel warm, closely resembling body temperature. If the specimen does not feel warm, it should be rejected and the specimen collection process repeated.
    6. The closed specimen container is then sealed by the Collector with the Specimen ID/Security Seal, which is included as part of the Requisition. The security seal should be placed over the secured lid of the specimen and be initialed by the person providing the specimen. (Make sure that the container is dry before attaching the seal and placing it into the transport bag.)
    7. The specimen is then placed in the rear pouch of the transportation bag and sealed tightly to prevent any possible leaking of the specimen, should the urine container break or crack in the bag. The Requisition form is then placed in the front pouch separate from the urine specimen.
    NOTE: Care must be taken to prevent contamination of the forms by a leaking specimen. If the test request form or transportation log becomes contaminated it posses a potential biological hazard to our staff. The laboratory may have to reject the leaking urine specimen because of "QNS" (Quantity Not Sufficient)

"Monitored" Collection Process
    Several agencies require "Monitored" collections. The process is stricter than the "Supervised" collections described above, including the Collector verification of Client ID and accompanying the client into the restroom
    1. The client must present positive identification to the Collector, usually a photo ID. Photocopies are not allowed.
    2. Client completes their portion of the Requisition as described in the Test Requisition document.
    3. Direct the client to empty their pockets and display any items to ensure there is nothing, which can be used to adulterate the specimen. Any medications, eye drops, etc. must be left with the personal items.
    4. Inspect the collection room to insure no other specimens have been hidden or for presence of materials such as cleaning products, which may be used to adulterate the specimen. No one may enter the room until the client and the Collector have completed the collection.
    NOTE: The Collector or Monitor must be the same gender as the client, unless the person is a medical professional (nurse, doctor, licensed technologist or technician). A Monitor person may be used when multiple clients must be processed at a given time. The Monitor assists the Collector by monitoring the collection (see item 6 below), directing the movement of clients, and helping complete the paperwork. The Collector verifies the paperwork and seals the specimen. Otherwise, the monitor and collector is the same person.
    5. Instruct the client to wash and dry their hands. Tell them also not to wash again until the specimen is delivered to the Collector.
    6. The Collector or Monitor does not watch the client urinate into the container. Instead, he/she takes a position directly outside the stall or if a small facility, the washroom door. If you hear sounds or make other observations indicating an attempt to tamper the specimen, then the collection must be stopped and a repeat collection, using the "Observed" process is performed.
    7. The Monitor ensures the specimen is taken directly to the Collector and is properly sealed.
    8. Client may then be instructed to wash their hands.

"Observed" Collection Process
    "Observed" collections generally are limited to criminal justice clients, "Return To Duty" or "Follow-up" tests for federal agencies. They may also be required when adulteration of the specimen is suspected. If, for example, the Collector observed materials brought to the collection site by the client or if the client's conduct indicates an attempt to tamper with the specimen, direct observation is required. If tampering is suspect, it is recommended the reason for the Observed Collection be documented on the Requisition. Space is available in the Collector's Certification section of the form
    * The Observed collection is essentially the same as a Monitored collection, except in step 5 the Collector observes the urination directly into the specimen cup.