Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Job application

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by NiteRideR, Jul 9, 2011.

1. I'm applying for a job, and I got my job application and it says the following: "I hereby authorize ____ to request and receive any and all information related to my background, work history, abilities and qualifications(Including but not limited to, personnel information and related files), that would otherwise be protected from disclosure by any constitutional, statutory, or common law privilege. This information will be used by the company in connection with my application for employment."
    What is that about? It's basically wanting me to sign to waive my constitutional rights so that they can dig information that they shouldn't have access to, such as medical records?
    Makes no sense.
    Also, on the job application it says I understand that if I receive an offer of employment, it may be contingent upon my completing and passing the company required pre-employment physical and drug-screen test.
    Do you think they would drug test me if they include may in it? This job is for a respite care provider, I would be babysitting my younger brother who's autistic, and you need to be approved by the regional center in order to even be able to get a job like this, and they approved me. Think they would drug test me regardless even though he's my brother?
    Thanks guys, sorry for the long rant

2. I dont think they will, they probably said may so if in any circumstance they have to, they are allowed to because its in the contract, dont worry i think its just a measure.

3. Do it anyways. It costs them money to do a drug test. So if they're not going to hire you over that, waste their damn money.

4. Thanks for the replies guys, I'm gonna just cut off smoking for a week or so, since I didnt smoke too much this month anyways.
    Any info regarding that releasing my personal information thing? Really don't wanna initial it if I don't have to, sounds illegal for them to request to give up my constitutional rights in order to pass their job screening process.

5. Yes, they want YOU to waive YOUR rights, so THEY can't be sued WHEN (not if) they violate your rights.

REQUIRED drug test..you'll have to take it...no ifs or 'may's about it...

This is for your kid brother...wtf...why the F do you need the states permission to care for your own little brother?????????????????

This sort of bullsheet is just another example of BB taking to much away from teh families rights and duties under the guise of 'we knows whats best for you and yours'

I would tell the state/county/city/town/shire to stuff it up their BBB (big brother butt). Your kid brother, you care for him...been happening for a few thousand years without BB sticking its nose up your butt...until now. But I'm a bit anti-BB...

don't be one of these...don't act blindly just because BB says so.

[​IMG]

If they are going to 'pay' you to take care of little brother, thus more $$ to be able to care for him, weigh the consequences, and choose (you may have to quit toking though, a sacrifice for family is an honorable thing).:confused:

Honestly. it's a tough choice, but if he needs you, do what you have too do.:cool:

6. Write in the space above your signature, that you sign under duress only to help your brother...BB gives you no choice, they give you nothing in return for your rights, the job is about services, not your rights, so any clause used that is one sided, that YOU give up YOUR rights, while they retain theirs and gain permissions to do what they want against you, and you must accept it, is null and void in any real court...contracts (which is what that waiver is) must give equal consideration to both parties, any one sided agreement is not a valid contract.

just my opinion..do what you feel is right.

7. Thanks cball, appreciate the feedback man. To be honest, I just recently started smoking again, took a break for 5 months or so, and have only smoked about 4 times since I took my break, so it should only take me about a week of detox to be clean from a urine test, I exercise daily and I'm not heavy. After I get the job, I'm gonna just keep tokin', this type of job isn't the type where you commute every day, so they only see me once a month when I go turn in the sheet stating how many hours I babysitted for the month, which means I highly doubt they are going to re-test me. The previous lady who was working with my brother had to move and I spoke with her before it, she barely speaks english, and when I asked her what was needed in the job application process she told me the only thing they asked for is for verification of her CPR certificate, nothing else, no drug test or nothing. So I should be okay in the long run, if they do decide to wanna play with my piss cause' I'm a college student and am more likely to be doing drugs, then so be it, I'll pass it with flying colors:metal: