Job and Drug Test?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by allido, May 12, 2009.

1. So i read somewhere that a job must give you a heads up ahead of time if they are drug testing you. (preliminary test before getting hired, not randomized testing). Is this always the case? and if so is there a certain amount of time ahead of time they must tell you? a week? a day? I'm wondering because i've smoked pretty much daily for the past 3 years. I understand i'll probably have to take a break for my job (depending on which place i get a call back from). But i was wondering is that break needed right now or can i wait a few days as the semester is finishing up and everybody is kicking back and relaxing.

2. Ha man if youve been smoking for the past 3 years your at least going to need a month so quit as early as you can

3. Just because a job can drug test, doesn't mean they will.

But as ^ said. It'll take a month, a good diet and exercise for you to be absolutely sure it's out of your system.

My guess + experience tells me they'll give between a day and weeks notice though for your preliminary test.

4. My friend had to quit for a job too, he quit for around a month then took the piss test,
    from my experience, my parents use to drug test me, i smoked everyday for atleast 2 years, the day of my drug test i just drank atleast 12 bottles of water so i was pissing clear, and i passed, i was amazed how i smoked the day before and passed, and it wasnt a take home drug test, this was an offical Lab test.

good luck

5. Depends on how much attention they pay. One of my friends did the same thing, drank a ton of water, and they made him retest. Needless to say he didn't get the job in the end.

6. I'd say have someone clean piss for you. I failed a drug test earlier this year for a job, I stayed clean for 6 days and one of the days consumed over 3 gallons of water, I was also taking high doses of niacin and I still failed. So next time a cup is put in my hands for me to pee in, I know for sure it will be someone elses piss that goes in that cup.