Jimson weed?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by J&Jfarms, May 20, 2017.

1. Besides tripping on jimson weed... I know the big talk around here is comfrey but this is what i go. Does it make a good mulch or compost for worms? I have a bunch that just grows in the back yard like crazy. I have tried chopping it down but grows back every time...

1495244834345580542370.jpg

2. Nah brother get some comfrey and tell that datura plant to get fucked.

It does decompose but not nearly as quickly as comfrey and the potential toxicity isnt worth the risk on your friends, pets, or yourself homie!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. We have cut down this plant so many times and it grows right back.

4. Two questions. One, in the picture appears some new growth. Is this more foiliage or will this be a large, single flower? Two when you snap off a leaf is it milky or clear? If milky stay away from it. If clear, do a bit more identification before proceeding.

5. Its a large plant with multiple flowers.
    Snap off a leaf amd its clear. Smells nutty like neem oil.

1495377421228285981828.jpg

6. I believe you'll find that all cultivars of comfrey produce tiny flowers on an elongated stem coming right out of the center of the plant. These are tiny little petal leaf flowers being yellow, white, purple or pink. If that plant produces a bloom it's something other than comfrey. Perhaps what @falcon10911 suggested and you originally questioned - datura and/or jimson. IDK. I do know how comfrey flowers though.

If it's a dynamic accumulator it may or may not be a good addition to the compost. Perhaps err on the side of caution. Your local ag extension office could readily identify it, as can you, once that flower opens

7. Imho there are just so many other accumulators that make a great addition to humus its not worth the risk in your garden.. not saying to need to exterminate it or deal with it just leave it well alone. For example giant hog weed grows invasively where i live and other greaaaat things that can blind or maim you, i just avoid anything that even closely resembles it. I undersrand the alkaloids in datura arent dangerous in the same manner as say hogweed but what benefit would there be to risking it?

Id mulch wheatgrass before id touch that thing man lol

Sent from my SM-G903W using Grasscity Forum mobile app