Jim Acosta.........

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cigarjack, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Yeah it's pretty funny when the media acts all bewildered like "this administration is hostile to the press!" as though they haven't been constantly attacking the guy for 2 years. Trump says and does some stupid shit, but the media has long since abandoned any pretense of being impartial

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Little Jimmy got his chair back.LOL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Every word that comes out of the mouth of a POTUS is relevant... One major purpose of a FREE PRESS is to keep a check on government officials... Would think any R-winger would know that and approve as they are in favor of less govt. controls and more free enterprise...

As far as so called "loaded questions"... They would not exist except for clarification of "innuendos" straight from the pie hole of the "stable genius"...

I don't have a problem with a free press... DT is the one who chooses the topics based on what comes off his twitter account, interviews, actions... Calling the press FAKE with a general tone of hate and distrust isn't helping him... Not buying into tRump continuing to cry and play the victim of the big bad press... Acosta is top notch and handled himself very professionally... He as he gently lowered the the side (not open palm) of his hand to the wrist of that robotic intern he apologized for the contact... Yet i see nothing at all wrong with that contact except for the doctored video released from the WH with missing frames making it appear to be a much faster and more forceful defensive reaction...

Amazing the depths of conjuring hate fill propaganda this "administration" will sink to... Daily those with clarity are amazed... Yes, including the media and why the pertinent questions keep coming... DT deserves every last one of them and is fully responsible for media inquiries... that is there job, right?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. If I acted like Acosta did at a high school assembly I'd be kicked out in 2 seconds. Should the standards at the White House be any lesser?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Trump.....Fake news is the enemy of the people
    CNN...… Trump says the news is the enemy of the people

• Like Like x 6
  6. He was being tenacious and he is (supposedly) a reporter so in that sense you're right, he was being a tenacious reporter. This is one reason we all can't just get along, we use different definitions for words. Conservatives like to use the traditional, dictionary definitions and liberals like to make their definitions up depending on the situation.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Like the new one...

Nationalism. You can find clips recently all over of liberals saying that Nationalism is not patriotism. Go ahead and look it up in the dictionary if you want. I can assure you patriotism is pretty high up in the definition.

It somehow means racism now.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I wouldn't vote for a president that's not a nationalist. That's how you get your country sold out.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Don't you mean Answers with Lies ? Yes he answers, but what he does is lie, and uses Fear tactics. Don't you see that ? There was a point when I stood behind him, but with the telling lies and his scare tactics are wrong and that isn't how any President should be. For the Reporters Trumps a hard person to get in a press conference and to be truthful would be a big help to his appointment to the office.

• Like Like x 1
  10. What I saw was an asshole who was chosen for 1 question and got 2 and started whining because he did not get a third... when many in that room never got their first. His speech was non infringed upon any more than he infringed on the speech of others.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. If not for you I wouldn't know 1% of what the president says. I dont live clinging to the elected officials words and 80% of the time dont find them to be relevant to me and my life. Most of what these asshats say will have no relevance in 4 yrs and thankfully so.
    What part of Trump do you hate most record employment for minorities or prison reform? The longest peace time since Carter? Tell us about the empty parts of the glass would ya.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I don't understand what you mean when you say Trump is a hard person to get in a press conference. He has lots of press conferences. What lies is he telling reporters these days? What lie did he tell anyone at the press conference? What office was he appointed to?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Did you find Obama to be honest? I sure and hell didn't. Or Bush or Clinton or Reagan or even Kennedy or Lincoln? I think trump is the most truthful president in a long long time. And this is the lefts problem with him or the right for that matter. He says what he thinks with no checks, this is a much needed thing. This is why I like him, didn't vote for him and will not in the future but I like him more than any president in my life and by a long shot.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. #74 Tbone Shuffle, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    I used to watch an Obama speech and roll my eyes 100 times at all the lies. At the time though if you were in the media and said Obama lied they called you a racist.

Warmest year on record.... pffft.. yeah right. Russia invaded Ukraine....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Just read through this thread and had to lol. So hysterical reading posts from conservatives complaining about Acosta being rude, impolite, inconsiderate, etc when their god's...I mean president's...entire shtick to the country and world is based on being rude, impolite and politically incorrect. Looks like a bunch of "thick skinned" trump worshipers getting their panties in a ruffle about someone being rude to their holiness.

16. At least you agree Acosta was being a rude asshole vs tenacious reporter. And apparently Trump's rudeness has your own panties in a bunch since you're complaining about it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Not a fan of Trump but I don't see how people think was a proper way to act in that setting. Like ask tough questions sure, I'll come up with a list myself as long as they aren't rhetorical.

18. People have short memories when it comes to politics sometimes.

CNN has been posting inflammatory political articles at least since the Ferguson incident, about 2 years before Trump became president.
    They would have been rabidly onto whoever the Republican in charge would have been.
    It just so happened that they stumbled upon a reality-TV alphastar, and met their match in the mud slinging.

[​IMG]

As someone already mentioned, they are reducing themselves to a (partisan) tabloid. Jim was out of line.