Jiffy Soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by young420means, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Has Anyone used the organic jiffy soil at Wal mart think its new cause ive never seen it there before if so is it any good I'm pretty sure it said it has sphagnum vermiculite peat moss and lime for Ph not sure but i think it has perlite too i didn't see any other chemicals added but i figured id ask first also its a green bag

2. The jiffy 'soil' is pretty much just vermiculite.... like powder.

Check out the new: Worm Castings and "Garden Soil" (all organic nutrients) at the Wally World.... was stoked to see those one the shelves.

3. #3 young420means, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    Oh there's just one other detail it doesn't have an NPK listed on the bag could this actually be made from worm compost. just with added sphagnum vermiculite peat moss and lime for Ph for a good soil mix

4. That stuff is an inert medium for germination of seeds and rooting of cutting. It is a new product of theirs this year.

5. oh well now i know not to buy it the ill just buy all the stuff i need seperate as far as soil goes just figured id ask first if it was any good so thanks

6. that stuff holds too much water i tried that last year damn ruined my mr nice super silver haze i would recommend u use the good stuff fox farms, bontanicare, promix.. theres an old saying when u buy cheap it usually ends up being more expensive