Jet's first 600w MH/HPS Black D.O.G grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by jetdrawnz, Mar 9, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

Hey guys above is the setup, cool tubed 600w MH then HPS in flower currently running exhaust outside. I'm planning on doing a drip fed plant as I've purchased a reservoir, pump, air stones and all. My pot is a 50l with a duplicate ( drilled wide holes at bottom to allow flow into the bottom pot) and sitting on a milk crate to drip back into the 50l res which also has a nozzle to close(possible flood and drain system?). recently jumped the gun and wasted a blue dream seed from a combination of a hot spell which pushed tent temps above 37 degrees but sat around 30-32 celcius, light too high and not pre soaking the rockwool which may have killed it. I kept the rockwool wet and a light puddle to soak in the humidity dome but I got screwed :(.
    I plan on geminating the Black D.O.G from HSO overnight then into the rockwool (currently soaking on a bucket of water that has been sitting overnight )in the humidity dome with the digital ballast on 60% (or should I go 100% different height? at around 15inchs. My base is hydroton clay balls and using house and garden hydro a & b and multizyme, canna rhizotonic and silica bloom later on. After wasting the blue dream I don't want to start until I get some advice! Should I use the humidity chamber or rockwool straight into the clay balls? Would love to hear some feedback on the system and would appreciate any advice dearly! Really looking forward to my first grow! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Here are a couple more photos, thanks! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Placing popped seed in the rockwool cube in ph'ed water 5.8ish left overnight about now. Thinking around 30-40cm distance on 60% to start. NOT going ahead with the humidified chamber and placing the rockwool cube straight in the pot.

4. Seed has been in cube for 12hrs. 26 degrees celcius and 45-50% humidity. Should I bring the humidity up? Thanks guys

5. [​IMG] she's popped! trying to keep her not as soaked still waiting for taproot. Thanks

6. [​IMG] hey guys everything going swell. Just started the air humidified overnight and found a nice meeting point keeping it ~70% when lights are off it raises above 70 but below 80%. Should I have it on half hour on half off during the sleep cycle? Just switched from 20-4 to 18-6 as I heard
    Roots grow in the dark so gimme some more!! Any advice on humidity or keep it ~70%? She isn't growing too much but waiting a couple more days before I put the cube in the clay. Should I start feeding with nutes or wait? And how often feeding times this early in veg.. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 jetdrawnz, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Hey guys need a little help, just made my first batch of nutes + rhizotonic and multizyme ppm 3-400 ph 5.9 just curious if it's worth hand feeding or turning on the pump system. I'm using a 1200l/hr variable pump and wondering how often I should be feeding with a 15min timer drip and drain system Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. As long as she has her cotyledons she wont need nutes

9. Their dying off. Hand pouring small amounts of nute over the day now.

10. [​IMG]
    Quick update, new growth looks promising!

11. [​IMG]
    Quick update:
    Hand feeding roughly 100-150ml of nutes 550ppm twice a day. When this batch of nutes runs out I'll make the first batch for the res! Hoping her to be a little bigger before I start the drip feed as the circle is too big to reach the plants base/ may harm the plant. What feed cycles should I be using? How many litres per hour should i be pumping with a 15min timer? Thanks!

12. Hey guys any advice on watering? Growth seems to be slow :/ should I turn the 600w from 60 to 75%? Or would I risk burning them? Thanks

13. [​IMG]

Update: growths a little slow but I think it's due to not getting enough watering/ nutes, how do you think she looks? Don't know if new growth has curling leaves or not. Starting the drip system shortly with the res, if it's a straight drip system back into the res how long should I be feeding her/ how many times per day please help! So hard to find anything online on straight drip systems that doesn't involve flooding the pot. Thanks a bazillion!

14. Look, I'm not a hydro grower and my knowledge is very limited regarding it, but I do know that when a plant is small and put into new grow media, the first thing it does is form it's root system. Until that is done to the satisfaction of the plant, the foliage growth isn't going to do much. Once the plant's root system is formed, you will notice the foliage start to take off. I've always been told that you judge the overall health of the plant by the new growth. By the picture you posted above, this plant looks like it is doing just fine. Do not think you can be the judge of how fast it should or will grow. This "weed" has survived for thousands of years without the benefit or aid of man hovering and watching every twitch of a leaf. LOL Be patient and let it do it's thing. If it's a good color and it's leaves are stretching up toward the light, it's fine. My guess is it's just getting it's root system together right now and you'll see more vigorous growth once that is finished. TWW

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thanks man appreciate it!

16. [​IMG]

Update: plants are wilting this morning since discovered last night, could it be getting using to a constant flow of water now? Help :/
    Using house and garden a & b 1/2 strength, multi zyme and canna rhizotonic both 3/4 strength. Then added more water to drop ppm to 700 but wilting occurred so added water to drop to 560ppm and p.h levelled, I've seen huge jumps in the p.h up to high 6's. I read it could be a nitrogen problem, or could it be nutes locked out because p.h is too high? Thanks!
    Edit: using these nutes/adders what should I tend to be using having a 50l res

17. Just dropped p.h to 5.2 and will let it build up itself

18. Lights on 3 hours ago adjusted p.h from 6.1 to 5.6 let's see how she goes :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Update: res change last night with full strength rhizotonic and multizyme. Ppm set at 560 with about 40l in the res, Plant is happy! Going to tie her down to open her all up shortly and possibly top her. I find my p.h rises is always rising to around 6.1 to 6.3 when setting to 5.5-5.8. Could this be due to tap water not sitting around 24hrs prior to res fill? Comes out at 7.0 straight from tap. Thanks! [​IMG][​IMG]

20. Looks healthy