Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Jet lighters

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JJmatix, Sep 20, 2009.

1. i have one and i want to know if its OK to use .i smoke out of a pipe and i heard that Jet lighters arent good to use because they destroy the THC. are they safe to use or should i just stick to bic lighters?

2. hold it away form the bowl, fire up the lighter, and move it closer until you start getting a hit.

if you hold the jet lighter right next to the bowl, then ya, a lot of thc will be destroyed

3. This ^

Just don't put the flame right into the bowl, hold it out of the way at a certain distance (You'll have to figure out how far away is just enough to light the weed) so you don't overburn.

4. also id be able to "light" it for a shorter time because its hotter than regular lighters right?

5. you usually smoke cigars with jet lighters because the butane won't give tobacco a flavor like oil fluid from a lighter. yeah you'll have to hold it farther away and just like any lighter, once your hits lit, remove it. i like em for weed too but they definitely take a little getting used to

6. Huh.. That's some important info I never knew. Thanks, nice question.

7. i actually just tried that out earlier.

cornering a bowl is way easier. one small bowl lasted like 10 hits.

8. bascially i tihnk everyone is trying to say.. fuck the jet lighter and just go buy a $1 lighter.

9. 1$ lighters burn my thumby :(

the bastards