Jesus healed using cannabis, study shows.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Sheppo, May 23, 2010.

1. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER believe anything that does not back up its evidence or show conclusive proof, especially if the article/person displays the information as fact not theory. When people do this they are ore than likely trying to get people excited on a possible explanation.

While it would be cool if it were true, I doubt this is. It backs up none of the evidence given, merely stating an oil can be used for anointing, doesn't mean it was used. The Bible never specifies on what oils/tools were used. Since there is so little evidence given, I'm going to dismiss this as just someone trying to excite the marijuana community/piss off the religious conservative folks.

2. I have seen references to the writings of Roman historians that point very strongly to cannabis infused oils being used by the ancient Jews in religious rites.

I will look through all my research bookmarks and see if I can find it.

But yeah, this guy did a really shitty job in establishing a credible theory.

3. I believe a +rep and /thread are in order.

4. So, what the fek happened?

5. Uhhhh no shit dude, look at his hair. Also chillest dude ever. Jesus power!!!

6. #27 douchebag5000, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
    Yep. The whole rumour got started because of perhaps, one rogue rabbi's translating opinion or something like that, but really, its not likely to be cannabis. THAT HAVING BEEN SAID, I still personally believe, even if the gospels don't mention it explicitly, that the Christians were all... dopers. And... also, the gospels don't mention HOW Jesus did his miracles. So, one can assume... :smoking:haha. I mean, anyway, the gospels were written by politically motivated Christians after Jesus died, with all sorts of bullshit, like the portrayal of Pontius Pilate as a "nice guy" and such horseshit. I mean, at the time, the Romans were being the biggest dicks on earth to the Jews who were just fighting for religious and political autonomy and against injustice. The Roman Jewish Wars were heavy shit, with Romans bringing their best and strongest (NOT brightest, lol) to the far corner of the empire against a few Jewish soldiers... ah, the gospels don't make any mention of those brave sacrifices, of course, because by the time the gospels were being written, Christianity was taken over by non-Jews to the exclusion of Jews. ;) Oh, but can't we all get a bong

7. the high times and cannabis culture features on religion and cannabis are generally very superficial and not by any means deep or original evidence based treatment of the subject. There is a good point, however, and that is, the proto-Aryan propogators of the "Soma..." oh yeah, relating it to the people of the steppes... and world history. Truly astounding, original and epic, as only truly expansive historians would appreciate... That's not the topic of this thread, though...

8. Jesus hotknifed using nothing but his fingers.

9. Jesus is staining some serious glass there. This is the toke of our lord. Amen.

10. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I just laughed so fuckin hard :laughing::bongin:

11. could Jesus take such a massive bong hit that even He Himself could not clear it?

12. dont you mean chuck norris?[​IMG]

13. Yeah, Jesus and Chuck Norris are both mad at me today. They know what I did :(:cry:

14. I don't think that marijuana was being referred to in the bible - it's so open to interpretation that almost anything can be read into it.

I do, however, believe that that theres much truth in the theories about psilocybin mushrooms in ancient times, from such researchers as Terrence McKenna, John Allegro, R.G. Wasson, etc.

15. not just ancient times, my friend--THROUGHOUT human EVOLUTION. tens of hundreds of thousands of years maybe :D

16. Holy shit, you can bathe in this too?

17. Good ol' Jeebus, eh! Lucanus, the Physician, better known to bred agin xtians as St Luke of the Godspells, reckons the un-named herb was VERY special...
    Listen you Seppos, it was your crossdressing FBI dude's daughter's husband, Du Pont who stuffed things up.

We Aussies are not happy...fix ot...:D:p

18. I can't hardly understand a word you're saying, and it's hilarious :D I love unintelligible speak from down under, makes me feel warm inside. But, anyway, the only thing I pulled is that St. Luke, of the Gospel according to Luke, was apparently a physician, known by the Latin name of Lucanus, and he had common sense enough to recognize cannabis' medicinal properties, as well as probably other herbs which would be controversial in some way today. Ah, insights.