Jerome Baker Fillachella rigs?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DirtyB, Feb 3, 2013.

1. So I'm about to buy a new tube, and I found out about this headshop up in NY that ships and they have some nice prices for their tubes, they carry a bunch of toro, sov, sgw, bc2012, etc.

As I did my research since I never heard of him, I found out that he's actually out of the blowing business for the most part? I need some feedback, because I was about to buy one of his tubes.

Here's a picture of the tubes I was going to decide from, really liking the fillachellas.

http://s12.postimage.org/d809egxql/baker.jpg

2. Have you seen jerome bakers glass? it looks nothing like that. Id think that was another artist or a different artist with the same name

3. Could be, I think it's just a local artist named "Baker".
    HeadSpace: Artist Glass

that's the shops site, and you can see it just says baker. But I swear I saw the headshop say jerome baker somewhere.

4. That looks like "freek" Homie.

5. Yeah, but these tubes are $200 and $240, so that doesn't seem like his price range.

6. #6 gtx1, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
    Not a JB Design tube.

Jerome Baker isn't a person, it's the name of a glass company created in the 90's when Jerome Garcia died. The actual creator's name was/is Jason Harris, who blows glass out in Hawaii at some studio now. I don't believe these are his work, although it does look like Freeek's like others have said, but it could be someone completely different.

Anyways, Jerome Baker Designs never put out the bong you have a picture of, ever. Ever. Look up JBD bongs and you'll understand.

Edit: I did mean Jason Harris. Fuck. Literally just got back from HPG and chatting with them about glass for an hour too, aha.

7. I think you mean Jason Harris.

And in the OP is deff not a JBD... does look a lot like Freek but the filla on the right isn't very clean...

8. Yeah, the left filla is clean as fuck, but the one on the right seems a bit sloppy but that's that one I wanted. Cause the smaller one has a fixed downstem.

9. ugh, for like the 10th time, i will explain this.

jerome baker is a company, they were a major target many years ago of "operation pipe dreams" several years ago, in which the government made a smear campaign against honest glass blowers/ lamp workers. they were put out of buisness after the government "confiscated" all the companys money, yet made a very minor charge resulting in no actual jail time.
    the "jerome baker design" name, was sold to a china glass company. any jerome baker you see that was blown in the last decade, is china garbage.

this has been a public service announcement to help people understand JBD is now china glass.