Jeff Sessions Urges Federal Prosecutors To Seek The Death Penalty For Drug Dealers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Holy fuck. They want a war.

To the litany of challenges facing Colorado’s state-licensed marijuana business owners, add another one: The federal government could — though probably won’t — try to execute them.

This week, U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions sent a memo to the nation’s federal prosecutors urging them to seek the death penalty in cases involving large-scale drug traffickers. The memo points to an existing but little-known federal law that already allows for such a punishment.

Sessions’ memo talks largely about opioids, but federal law contains no such drug-specific limitation on prosecutors’ power. Trace the law’s meandering route through federal statutes and you’ll come to this conclusion: Anyone convicted of cultivating more than 60,000 marijuana plants or possessing more than 60,000 kilograms of a substance that contains marijuana could face death as a punishment.

So, did Sessions just greenlight using the death penalty against the nation’s largest marijuana business owners?

“I think it’s still very theoretical,” said Sam Kamin, a University of Denver law professor who, as harmonic luck would have it, specializes in marijuana law and in the death penalty. “I don’t think anyone thinks the federal government is going to seek the death penalty against a state-licensed business. But what it highlights is this enormous disconnect with federal and state law.”

Sessions puts in play death penalty for marijuana business owners.

2. This is shocking and yet another attack on freedom and liberty by Trump's administration.

If Trump was serious about tackling the drug epidemic in the US he'd be going after big pharma who have destroyed countless lives peddling their filth instead of ramping up the failed "war on drugs".

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. He's playing a role as a person everyone wants to hate. He's a short timer. He already has a gov. retirement waiting for him. His role as Attorney General allows his a second retirement. He can't wait to leave and double dip. He'll play the script. Pay no attention to whatever else they are doing that they don't want you to talk about... wag the dog =)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Start with the pharmaceutical company ceos then the doctors who prescribe opioids. I used to watch Mash and emergency 51 as a kid and learned they shouldn't give morphine to someone unless a friggen limb was blown off because of the addictiveness. Guess that information has been forgotten and medical professionals have been given the green light to hand them out like candy. My brother recently overdosed and almost died, my father is also addicted, the only drug dealer they have used name starts with Dr.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I got to call bullshit on the poster above me you won't get sympathy fuck. Tell us more about TV shows.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. #6 gumbygrow, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Not looking for sympathy. Just looking to place blame for the opioid crisis where it belongs. I don't touch the shit. If a 12 year old watching tv can figure out the addictiveness of opioids, then you would think in 6 or 8 years of college that would be covered somewhere. I visited my mom in the hospital. In the span of an hour and a half the nurse came in 4 times and the first words out of her mouth every single time were, "how is your pain?" What's next, give dairy farmers a green light to stop pasturizing milk? Duh, why do we do that again?
    Edit: no tv, but its like that movie tropic thunder said it's the man, disguised as another man sticking it to the common man, or something like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The only difference between a heroin dealer and big pharma is one is government approved. Big pharma fill the pockets of US politicians in order to be able to pedal their wares and the government get their cut from the various taxes. It's winning all-round for the statists.

Don't get me wrong this shit is going on here in my own country and indeed in most of the world. Over here if they can prove a dealer sold someone a deal that killed them then said dealer can be done for manslaughter or some other serious charge.

If big pharma were prosecuted for every death from their wares it would very quickly focus their minds on developing products that were less harmful.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Lightning, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    It's simply because a lot of these corporations don't want competition. If psychedelics became widespread no one would bother using addictive medications for their depression when there's been people who have cured their depression by one single dose of a psychedelic drug. The companies making the anti depressants and painkillers don't want their sales to go down once people realize the better and less dangerous alternative weed. Competition is what drives the human race to progress. Weed and psychedelics replacing anti depressants could be what crude oil done to whale oil and fiber optic to copper. In the future it will be electric cars moving on from gas fueled cars. What the pharmaceutical is doing to the legalization of cannabis is what the oil and non-renewable energy companies are doing to stop electric cars and renewable energies. Elon Musk and Warren Buffet is going head to head on solar panels. One of Warren Buffetts best investment was a electric car company yet here he is trying to go against solar panels in Nevada because hey whatever makes him $$$. Elon Musk is trying to save the planet and make life better for everyone with his companies.

Another one is when airlines companies basically made the American aviation authorities ban the British/French concorde because of some bullshit reasons about noise pollution lmao. Now we're stuck with slow planes. There could have been more competition and supply in the hypersonic plane industry which could have driven down the prices if the whole thing wasn't a disaster. Good thing Elon Musk is looking to invent a rocket that will take you from London to New York in under 30 minutes and best part is that he wants to make the price the same as an economy class seat in a normal airliner.

• Like Like x 1
  9. And I thought only liberals want sharia

10. The war on drugs is a fail. If I was a drug dealer to me it being illegal is a win for me. I get to make way more money if it's illegal than legal and can charge whatever price I want soon I won't have to compete too much for quality. So if you think about it if you want to beat the drug dealers and cartels wouldn't it be better to legalize and regulate it? One of the cartels biggest incomes is drugs. Regulate and tax it and put that money into harm reduction,education and overall developing our society.

11. This just shows how desperate the US Government is getting.

12. It's the wrong approach. They should concentrate on cleaning up the drug supply, it's taking unknown drugs and dosages that's killing people and that's a direct result of the war on drugs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Tax and regulation is a huge mistake... All that needs to be done is to decriminalize it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. If they were goin to do it they would’ve done it but don’t think they that stupid mf would have mad contracts on there heads lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. It just blows my mind that every time a subject like this (or guns, tobacco, alcohol etc. Anything the state tells us is there business even though it isn't) comes up about legalizing everyone's first reaction is "tax it and regulate it!" not "fuck you, stay out of my personal rights and business!"

Weed legalization. Even potheads are literally begging their masters to be benevolent enough to allow them to have their bud as long as they pay out the ass in taxes and have every aspect of it under full government control.

Since when do people need to grovel and pay for their basic human rights? And then call it a win for freedom?!?!

What the Fuck?

• Like Like x 6
  16. Even worse is they are funding the war on drugs and the police state they say they are against. But, they are willing to fund their enemies if they turn a blind eye their way. It's dispictable.

It literal blows my mind they think this way. I've never ever felt this way in my entire life, EVER.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. The government wants us to all be drug addicts that’s why were flooded with drugs by pharmaceutical companies and drug dealers. It’s a plot to break down Americans.

18. #18 Acewiza, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    The problem with the War on Drugs is it's not really a war - just a battlefront in the real war, which is retaining the rich, elite business owners and stockholder's grasp on power. That is and always has been achieved economically. Petrochemicals (oil industry), Financials (Insurance, Banks), Defense, Pharma (of course), Alcohol/Tobacco and many others are also battlefronts in the same war. They realized back in the early 20th century that one good way to give these people market advantage was to ban competing products. Of course it was done unfairly and arbitrarily with no consideration as to what is good for the people or the country - just the rich cocksuckers protecting their businesses.

Sessions lives in a governmental vacuum, reacting to random influence, mostly Trump, I imagine. But on the plus side, many state Attorney's General have seen the light and have active cases pending against the big Pharma companies for how they polluted the healthcare industry with opiates for decades. Now the chickens have come home to roost, with addicts everywhere and the entire country asking what the Hell is going on. Shouldn't be much longer before the truth sees the light of day.

Alcohol would probably be illegal now if there were enough people running good businesses making money with Weed/Hemp in the early 20th century.

19. And then on the other hand you have dems opening the border to flood us with meth and heroin. Who’s on our side? Oh yeah no one were all just tools!

20. I suspect there are criminal elements within the intelligence agencies that are doing the big drug smuggling, apparently, if that is true, they want a monopoly

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app