Jedi glue

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Clearsky, Nov 6, 2021.

1. I got a Jedi glue female I'm growing that I took silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate to spray on one branch so I can make feminized seeds from her and save some of the pollen I get to use on a feminized death star plant and put some on a f-7 mephisto double grape auto to see if I can get some very high THC plants. Plus alot of free seeds. First time doing this so don't know what I will come up with.

2. and your experience thus far is.....?

3. Experience in producing seeds none. Just thought this would put me in the right direction to produce cannabis with a high THC level that I don't have to buy, because once you get in the mid 30s on THC the price for seeds is crazy money, like the toad and brownie scout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well I guess I will see what I come up with, will be next year when I can show some of my grows made from the Jedi glue which is already over the 30 percent THC level that I'm looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  5. In my younger years I lived by meigs county and in the 80s we had some of the best cannabis around that we hillbillies growed, then death start came from Ohio another killer breed, so I'm pretty sure this hillbilly will come up with a very high THC level plant playing around with it. I left the state years ago but my daughter stills lives close to meigs county so I need to visit her and see what they got going now. In my days the seeds were about a size of a pea I have never seen anything like that anywhere even ordering skunk seeds or Afghan seeds, so I think it was from the generation of the seeds which made them bigger. Meigs county has a grow house for medical marijuana I talked to one of the growers there and he told me they have a strain that is 40% THC level and what I smoked in the 90s that good skunk bud was only 12% THC so I need to make a trip to meigs county to see what the boys have growing nowadays.

6. Well my Jedi glue plant is producing male parts on the one branch that I sprayed. So I will get my feminized Jedi glue seed's from this plant. Also plan on collecting some of the pollen for my death star plant. Then I will have my own Jedi death star feminized seeds.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Don't know what's funny about it, that's what I will have.

8. Well I got my Jedi male parts on one branch, will let it pollen the plant and have my Jedi glue feminized seeds, will also collect some of the pollen to put on my death star plant when I grow it, then I will have my hillbilly Jedi death star feminized seeds which will be a potent strain. Here's some pictures of the Jedi plant at 52 days old. Should finish my hole project in half year. Screenshot_20211127-081516.png Screenshot_20211127-081404.png Screenshot_20211127-081502.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Congrats good luck. I let a male pollinate my whole tent one time ended up with thousands of seeds never bought again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Looks good man, I love breeding seeds.
    I don't do feminization, may be one of the few ways I'm traditional. However to each their own, bet you'll get some real beauties man.
    So many beautiful plants in the world!
    Congrats!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. #11 Clearsky, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    D

12. I know I'm not going to get what I want out of each seed, because ever seed could have the gene from all the crosse's. The Jedi glue is from GG#4 X jedi kush and the death star is from sensi star x sour diesel all good strains. So all of them should be very potent until I see one I like then take a clone for a mother plant.

13. Well my pollen sacks are getting bigger and stacking, but no bananas yet. Once they start to open I will cut part of branch off to place in a area with no air moving, and collect pollen for my project. But here's pictures of plant 57 days old from seed. Screenshot_20211202-121239.png Screenshot_20211202-121250.png Screenshot_20211202-121230.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Ok I have taken some of the pollen sacks in my fingers and put them on some of my young buds, I did see the yellow pollen that came out of them, but I want to use this pollen for another project, so you think I could cut the pollen clusters off now and dry them now would be good for my next project. Here's pictures of couple small buds I put pollen on, and pictures of the pollen clusters. Screenshot_20211204-115208.png Screenshot_20211204-115157.png Screenshot_20211204-115231.png Screenshot_20211204-115219.png

15. Yes, indeed you can dry it and store it-messy business tho.
    I let them sit in a cup of water after I'm done with open pollination, letting it drop onto wax paper, still letting it dry out- keeping it dry is the tricky part. If pollen gets wet, it kills it, hence major issues with storing it in a freezer and if it's not dry and in a sealed container, the humidity can kill it. So often I opt for storing in a paper bag in a dry location, cool and dark. However I barely ever go back to using it. I have, it's never as potent as fresh but there is still good in there for quite some months or year to come. However always good to note, along with it can take up to three days for the pollen on the stigmas to do their perspective activity so when making seeds it's best not to foliar in the following day(s) after pollinating. Or if you spot a unwanted Hermie, which one is worried about, a foliar can help during the removal. Anyways cheers to making some great seeds!! I'm in the middle of really enjoying a wedding cake x northern lights I made. Breeding sure is a long journey but well worth it. So many fun crosses!
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  16. I prefer to lean the plant in the dark on a mirror overnight to scrape up the pollen in the morning, to an old med bottle with a tsp of raw rice to prevent moisture getting in, then to the freezer it stores well for 3-6 months
    come sex time I then dip a cotton bud in the stored pollen then apply to a flower on a limp,
    don't forget to mark the spot with some tape, will save much hassle later

early pollen is often a blank the deal is to catch the pollen in mid life for the potent accurate stuff

often timing is a hassle as the pollen won't mature in time to apply to the ripe flowers ...for that apply lower down or step your germing times

good luck

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Ok thanks, flowers are three weeks old so was hoping I would get some off this plant, going to let it go another 6 weeks.one thing I have noticed is I'm not getting the white hairs in the young buds like they were a week ago.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Think I will remove that branch from plant tomorrow so I can get it out of the tent with all the air movement, so I can place it in a glass of water or put it in my bubbler with no air movement and try to catch the pollen as its dropping from flowers.

19. #19 Clearsky, Dec 8, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    Ok these buds are 27 days old and the hairs are red and dying so the pollination should have been a success. So should get feminized Jedi glue seed's. In couple of weeks the hairs should start to grow again will see. Screenshot_20211208-070105.png Screenshot_20211208-070055.png Screenshot_20211208-070032.png Screenshot_20211208-070023.png

20. Well I made it to the point where I just pollinated my death star plant two days ago, I hope it works will have over 1/2 year in this project. Here's picture of pistols not pollinated, and two pictures two days later of pistols being pollinated if it works. Screenshot_20220221-123117.png Screenshot_20220221-124350.png Screenshot_20220221-124427.png