Jealous of America.

Discussion in 'General' started by R0Y5TON, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Ugh.. wow. Obviously you haven't left the country.

As I said, go to Venezuela for even a WEEK and try to tell me you would rather live there than America.

2. With the exception of our government and all the assholes, it is a pretty nice place to live.

3. every country other than venezuala that i listed has all of the good things about america plus a ton of other things that america doesnt. my family has been fucked by this country my entire life (and before that too but i wasnt there), i will never proudly call myself an american, hell ill never call myself an america period. i hate everything about this country with a passion.

4. yeah, this. not a vacation, either. actually live there. go ahead and try. lol.

5. also id like to mention that you only have bad things to say about 1 country on my list... what about the rest of them? and venezuala would be lower on the list of choices. japan would be my first (despite their very strict laws against cannabis of course there i wouldnt need it to be happy) then probably canada followed by new zealand.

6. Ok, out of the countries you listed, I will tell you which ones I have been to. Again, these are out of the ones you listed.

Venezuela
    Germany
    France
    Switzerland
    Japan

I spent about a week in each of those countries. I can tell you now, I would rather live here in America than any one of those countries.

Obviously they weren't all shitholes like Venezuela, but I still would much rather live in America.

7. cool story, great for you, you stay here. as for myself id much rather be anywhere (first world) than here.

8. #48 GreenCrackYUM, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
    Lol.. so ignorant. :rolleyes:

Come back and try to argue this when 1) you actually leave the country and 2) you can actually present a decent argument that isn't "fukin Amurrica n der govurnment is shit"

9. considering i want to move away from this government what else am i supposed to say? i made a list of just a few of the things that i hate about this country a few pages back. what you want me to say i want to move because florida is too hot? i mean i hate the society as a whole, i hate the people, i hate the ideologies, i hate bible thumpers who try to make everyone live by their morals, i hate the shitty standards big business have to abide by; i mean at this point they can barely be called standards... i hate the militarization of our police forces, i hate the military industrial complex, i hate the propaganda organizations called news networks, i hate the racism/sexism, i over all just hate how conservative our country is. i want nothing to do with it. why is it so hard for you to realize not everyone thinks america is all that great (news flash its not).

10. heres a great example of why i hate the military.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. North America is a pretty sweet continent to live on... but the US is kinda shit, there's too much apathy that overshadows its natural beauty.

Oh yeah and the whole government thing kinda blows too

12. [quote name='"Sunn"']

i like how you completely left out the middle of the country...i don't blame you, the entire thing is corn for like 2000 miles.[/quote]

Hey come on... I think there's some soy in Iowa... maybe.

:smoke:
    The Pacific NW is where I think I belong or maybe Maine...

13. [quote name='"st0nedatheist"']Yeah bruh, America isn't so great. The "American dream" is only what foreigners believe in.[/quote]

I believe I know what you mean, but that's a bit extreme. As bad as our financial situation is right now, the "American dream" is still entirely possible. If you hate our government so bad, go out and do something about it(not saying you specifically) don't just run away.. 90% of people that talk all this crap haven't lifted a finger to try and make a change. THAT is what's wrong with America, the people want everything handed to them on a silver platter without working for it.

People are just so damn lazy they never even figure out what it is that they want. What is it that would make you happy? Why can't it be achieved here? I just don't understand.. Just feels like its the new thing, people from America hating america and always talking about wanting to be somewhere else, like it's going to be some magic land without any problems. I guess it's easy to forget all the good things you have and to focus on the negative aspects.

I love where I live. I love what I've chosen to do for a living and look forward to what I'm working up to. If your not happy where you are, it's unlikely that going somewhere else is going to change that.

... That was originally going to be a sentence long reply, got a bit carried away..

14. considering nothing is going to change in america until the oldest current generations die off why stay? its only going to get worse before it gets any better... america wont get better until all the neocons are dead and gone. conservatism is whats killing our country.

also moving is one the best things you can do if you hate where you live... unfortunately you cant just up and move to another country and become a citizen... if i could i would've been gone a long time ago.

15. I've lived in Russia, China, India, Czech Republic, Cyprus (Greece for you Americans), Lebanon, England, and now the States. Here's what I've gathered from my 2 years stay in the States:

The people I've met in the States are generally a lot more warmer and kinder than those I've come across elsewhere, especially in England. This is probably due to the great mix, ethnic wise, America possess. However, much like anything else, this has its ups and downs. I've rarely come across a person who's labeled as an "American", by "American" I mean the traditional label of a Caucasian individual. Most of my friends consider themselves American, yet their ethnicity says otherwise. For me at least, this is fucking awesome. Everywhere I've lived, visited, went for holidays, I've endured at least one racial encounter. However, being in the States, I've encountered NONE. This comes as a surprise for me since I've currently been here for 2 years, and by traditional standards, I should've gotten my ass handed to the pavement.

For entertainment, nightlife, all that shit, do not expect to come to the States with high expectations nightlife wise. Clubs and bars here are absolute rubbish. Compared to European standards, especially coming from the UK with clubs such as fabric, ministry of sound, printworks in Manchester, don't expect the same kind of vibe and experience you would get from the mentioned clubs then the ones here in the States. It's incredibly boring, I usually find myself standing around, checking my phone once in a while instead of going absolute apeshit and hitting on the odd girl here and there. It's quite a transition coming from Europe to the States, especially England.

The only good thing is having a medical card. This factor alone makes me want to stay in California, I absolutely LOVE having a medical card. It seriously feels like a dream everyday. And the girls aint too shabby here, although most of them fit under the stereotypical label as a "dumb American". Yes, those labels you find here and there on the internet or the media criticizing the intelligence, or lack thereof, of the standard American citizen is true, and comes to life every now and then.

Also, god bless Venice beach.

If I were you, unless you were coming here to study or work, do not expect the overly hyped "american pie" experience. It's actually the exact opposite.

16. Lol you said irregardless.

17. [quote name='"BlazeLE"']
    conservatism is whats killing our country.[/quote]

Either qualify this or stop saying it. Please.

As a conservative (and bear in mind that I agree with a lot of what you've said, just maybe not to the same extent) I don't think that's the problem. Its really apathy. The generation that's coming up in America next hasn't had to fight for anything. They've benefited from the mass success of the late 1970's and 80's without having to work for it. They're lazy. They don't care, and once they start caring things have gotten bad enough that they feel its hopeless (again, lazy)
    Its not a problem of policy, its a lack of motivation to change IMO

Again if you think conservatism is the problem please elaborate

18. lack of national healthcare and a good education system is a start. plus the lack of regulations on our food and water that are making them shit compared to what they eat in Europe with their food purity laws.

19. not to start a large debate or anything but, you shouldn't hate the military, just the people who give them money