Jazz is good for you.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by spread_dead420, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Hey kids,

Just got back from a kick-ass jazz show. There was this one like 50-year old waitress that got up on the stage and belted out some good shit. If you're in the St. Paul, Minnesota area, check out the Artist's Quarter.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I agree Jazz can be really cool, and living near the Birthplace of Jazz (New Orleans), I'm able to chill to some of the best in the world!!!

This would have been a good post for the Music forum. :smoke:

3. Well i'm more of a Gen X'er myself but i'll agree some nice up tempo jazz just gives me a jumpy feeling.

4. MMMMM nice

5. I love jazz...I play jazz bass, electric and acoustic. I hope I can be as great as Jaco Pastorius some day.

For the past two years I've been doing some stuff with a jazz quintet, playing local gigs and stuff. When I'm not playing gigs I love to go to the clubs completely high and just zone out while listening to the music.

6. I agree!! Jazz is great for you. I listen to sooo much jazz on the radio, it's the best when I'm stoned

7. Free jazz is where it's at
    Coltrane of course
    Pharoah Sanders is interesting

• Like Like x 3
  8. Did you know that less than 2% of Americans actively listen to jazz and less than 1% activitively buy albums?

9. this is music at it's finest

10. I love thelonius monk.
    Jazz isn't for all the time, but some days there's nothing better.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have a playlist on Spotify dedicated solely to Miles Davis. I think it helps with my creativity when I'm writing.