Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

jar resin

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by crl_dj, Apr 16, 2010.

1. So to store my weed for the past year I've been using a small/tall glass jar. slightly taller then an unwound paper clip. and recently noticed i have quite a bit of resin built up on the bottom. was just wondering if there's a good way to effectually remove it that i don't know about. i dont know if i can scrape it out... but would it work to soak out out with alcohol or something like that then let it evaporate?

2. I believe you're talking about kief. Resin collects only when the weed is smoked. In that case, yes, you can make iso hash.

3. just qwiso it (quick wash iso), it makes hash oil. if there isnt very much plant matter (little bits of bud) but just mainly trichs that have fallen ya wont have to worry about straining the matter out.
    pick up some 91% isopropyl (rubbing alcohol), put a decent amount in the jar, probably shake it a bit or let it sit (idk how long) then pour it onto a plate or something that will hold it, and let the alcohol completely evaporate.

then your left with hash oil

4. in some places/groups, trichomes are also called resin

5. lol hold on im still unfolding a paperclip in my mind and trying to see how long it is.ok. i think your only option would be alcohol extraction like you mentioned.

6. well what I did was take a squeegee that I purchased with a grinder and attached it to the end of a mechanical pencil and squeegeed away.. plenty of keif to smoke

7. another thing you could try is just putting the jar upside in your fridge for awhile. it works for grinders and buds so im sure itd work for a jar. the cold makes the trichs less sticky i guess so theyll fall off whatever surface theyre clinging to.

8. thanks for the insight guys :hello:

9. id just scrape it out with the paper clip...

10. i tried. had some trouble because its sort of a narrow tall jar.