Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Jamaica Honeymoon

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lessthanjeezy, May 30, 2018.

1. Hey Blades,

I'll be tying the knot this October and my fiance and I are starting to plan our Honeymoon. We likely won't be able to go on our trip right after the wedding because of her job, so instead will be going either late February 2019, or sometime in the summer of 2019.

I have been looking at some different resorts, Sandals, and Secrets mainly and in the Montego Bay area (I know there are some nice resorts that are more affordable and further from the airport, but my fiance gets motion sick very easily so she won't be able to handle a 90 minutes bus ride)

After research, I am leaning toward either Secrets St. James or Secrets Wild Orchid. If anyone has been to Jamaica or these resorts and can give me any tips or recommendations where to go I appreciate it.

We will also be planning to smoke plenty of ganja while in Jamaica, it seems like the bell hops butlers are a good place to ask to find some ganja, but if you know the dos and don'ts about getting cannabis in Jamaica and where you should/shouldn't smoke that would be great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. @Original Tonika might be able to help you she was born in Jamaica:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. #3 Dizzy, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Well...I don,t know as much about montego bay because I'm from Kingston but I have been there.

If you are going to saint James I wouldn't leave the area unless you hire a driver.. there are lots of people trying to sell weed and jewelry around an they get quite rude to tourists if you turn them down

the driver would take you 2 all the nice areas which there are a lot of them

As for weed it's decriminalize in Jamaica these days an the cops been known to ignore someone if they just smoking a joint or something. You an your girl will most likely get approached by dealers as soon as you step off the plane lol

Also in Jamaica we drive on the left so don't forget an there are a lot of wild drivers over there.

Have fun tho the beaches are beautiful and there is lots for tourists to do. If you happen to go to Kingston you can even see the mountains as well.

Have fun I hope I helped a little bit. If you need to know anything specific just l m k

~Toni~

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Thanks so much for the info!

I really wish we didn't have to stick with Montego Bay, but knowing my fiance after a 90 minute bus ride, she would be sick the rest of the day so I want to make sure she has a good time too. Our plan was to mainly stay on the resort and it is good to know we can hire a driver to take us to see some other sights, I will definitely keep that in mind. I would love to find somewhere near there where I could do some cliff jumping, always have wanted to do that.

That is good to know about the driving on the left, I hadn't even thought about that. And yeah our plan is to basically wait til we get to the resort then make use of bartenders or bellhops to find us some bud while we are there and yeah, all we plan on is just smoking some joints and relaxing in the beautiful area and enjoying our honeymoon to the fullest.

Any Jamaican specialties I should try as far as food or drink goes? Thanks again for the help!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. We were just there in Montego Bay a couple weeks ago, Stayed at Riu Palace and it was very nice,all inclusive,Great food and drinks, ganja everywhere...
    Taxi driver stopped right outside the airport and scored us a $20 bag then after talking with him a bit, He set up a personal tour of a ganja farm for us two days later, and took us to Negril for a day trip...
    We get to the farm house,and before any words were said,this dude started handing us each a big ole spliff,and he was making some strange shrieking noises at us ...Turns out he was mute, and thats how he communicates...
    So after we all light up, our guide steps out from around the corner,and tells us to follow him down the hill.
    At the same time, there were a couple of other dudes in the garage cleaning a table full of ganja, acting like we were not even there.
    Our farmer / guide was very friendly and informative, Answered all our questions ( to his satisfaction,anyway )...
    He was cool with us taking pics of the plants,and all...
    DSCN0292.JPG
    Then we all walk back up the hill to the house, and are greeted with this...
    DSCN0295.JPG
    From which we could pick any stick we wanted, for $25 ea...
    Then my buddies wanted another one of those big spliffs to take for later, so those were available for $5 ea...
    I did not buy one for me because they were too fat and did not burn evenly, But they were COOL !
    Then as we're leaving , I asked our farmer for a dozen or so seeds to bring home, So he sends 'Squeaky' into the house to get them, and he comes back with a baggie corner full, about the size of a golf ball, and hands them to me,Smiling and squeaking at me the whole time... Didn't charge me a thing for the seeds....( We had already paid $25 apiece to the farmer, for the tour, plus bought product and tipped him a little,as well...
    All in all, That day was the highlight of our whole vacation for me...Great times, Great people down there.

Whatever you want in Jamaica, Just ask your taxi driver ! And have a great time !

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Yea it's mainly just the people who live there that get in trouble for having weed lol not the tourists. :)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  7. The tourism business it too important to their livelihood to fuck it up !

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Lol it's all good I think everyone should go to Jamaica at least once.

I plan on visiting my home country again after I have my baby as well!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh,and another tip I can share with ya... When you stay at one of the resorts there, you'll be sitting in the smoking areas outside,and meeting people that are about to go home, and be offering their leftover weed to anyone who wants it...We were given weed 3 times,and one very used grinder that way, then passed it on to someone else later,when we left.
    Sooooooo, When you first get there, Don't buy very much at first !

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Can You smoke in the resorts smoking areas?

11. WEED of course

12. Of course...And the security guards will stand around and shoot the shit with ya the whole time, LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Very Cool
    At first I read it as shoot the shit out of you

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Naw,man...They're all cool...Most everybody smokes there, But they just won't do it on the clock...Jobs are taken very seriously there !

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thanks Bud
    Don't think I will be traveling anytime again, but it nice to imagine

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I wish you could, Stig...You'd flip out over all the big booties in little bikinis LOL

17. Thank you for all the info! That is a good tip, I probably would have just loaded up when I got there but maybe I will just get like 40 bucks worth to start and then see what happens, planning on just tipping a butler/bartender/bell hop 20 up front and telling him to go find me $60-$100 of the best ganja he can for me lol...And good to know about the cab drivers, I am not sure how much exploring we will be able to do due to my fiance's motion sickness problems but will keep it in mind if she is feeling adventerous

18. Dude, $40 worth would be hard to smoke up in a week...Just pull out a $20 and tell em that's how much you want...Chances are you'll get the same bag of weed that they ask $40 for,anyway...Their street bags are usually one 'stick' of bud folded up and packed into a hot dog shaped baggie, with well over a quarter oz of bud (I don't think they even weigh them,though ) You'll see that the weed sellers are very competitive there, and each one you run across will claim theirs is the island's best.
    Truth of the matter is, It's all pretty much the same...Sativa Autoflowering strains. Different strains with different smells and different coloration , but all very close to the same strength and buzz quality, and taste...
    Which brings up another point...They do not grow high grade weed, as we know it...
    All their farms are set up to produce volumes of cheap weed,as fast as possible.
    They harvest, they dry it for one week, then sell it....no 'curing' in glass jars with Bovida Pacs, or nothing like that.
    Honestly, their weed is barely a step above the old Mexican brick weed that we old farts grew up with.
    But it IS decent, and you CAN smoke a lot of it if you want to...But do yourself a favor,and bring a cheap plastic grinder with you...That sticky shit is hard to break up by hand. And , Bring your favorite papers too, cause they are harder to find there than the weed is , LOL

• Like Like x 1
  19. Definitely good to know, I will keep this all in mind when we are on our trip. Glad I will be able to smoke the whole time for cheap! And yeah, I was planning on bringing a clean grinder and papers with me to make everything easier on me and I am just going to plan on smoking really fat joints while there since my tolerance is through the roof from dabs and the dispensary bud I get that is 20%+ THC, but it will still just be nice to be able to chill with a big ol joint while relaxing

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. My honeymoon is coming up in about 4 weeks, I went to make this thread and then thought about it and realized I already made one months ago lol.

Anyway, getting excited for the trip and to get away from this 20 degree weather in the Northeast and get to just enjoy some alone time with my wife smoking some ganja and relaxing

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1