Jail and two rehabs later, I is good :)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Auto Rock, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Good to see everyone again... It's been a minute but there is a reason! It has been a crazy 2 years....

It all started a while back when I was busted with a quarter pound of weed... I was snitched on by a "friend," but I know now he isn't a friend. I was close to a school, minors were aroundm, felony possesion of pot.... A whole list of charges... I was taken to jail and told my bond which was crazy and told I was looking at 10 years in the pen if convicted of everything. Not being new to trouble I knew this was a bit of a stretch but I knew it was serious. I was bonded out though and went right back to the same old shit... drugs and more drugs. I eventually ended up ODing on a cocktail of pills. At the time I was iving with my parents and they told me that if I wanted a place to stay and my shit I would check into a rehab. I did.... but stayed for 4 days and I couldn't handle it anymore. I was going through withdraws and around 20 other people who were going through the same... It was a low point in my life. When I left I was told I couldn't return home not even to get things I needed. My parents were cool enough to help me get an appartment though. I still had court though for my charge.

I ended up getting a lawyer who saved my ass royally... I ended up recieving 9 months probation for the whole thing. It was kind of a joke though. Some of the stipulations of my probation were that if I failed a piss test I would spend two days in county jail, which I did 3 times. For 2 months all I did was dick around, get high and get told how much of a drug problem I have. Of course I knew I had a drug problem, I was severly addicted to pills of any sort. Eventually while on probation I got the chance to try some harder shit and I took the chance, I got piss tested the next day. I had two choices jail or rehab again. I chose rehab but never had the chance to go because I was arrested again. This time people were at my house while I was away smoking and drinking... Probation showed up and had no mercy, it also didn't help that yet another kid snitched on me.

In my county if you are arrested while on probation you don't get a bond. I had only made it on probation for 2 months before Iwas arrested again... This time looking at 3 years in prison for maintaining a common nuisance. Not a big charge but a felony none the less and I as a youngster was in plenty of troubler, they knew me so it was garuanteed I was going if I didn't do something. Myh probation record didn't look good either... 17 failures in 2 months and then another charge... This time though I was sitting in that mother fucker, like it or not.

While in there I met some cool people but suffered bad from what people were doing on the outside. Within a week my gf had called me and told me she was pregnant.... A month later she told me she cheated on me the weekend before. None of my friends except for 1 wrote me or saw me.... My family was heavily dissapointed.

I ended up going to court and said I wanted to go to rehab, I was granted the oppertunity but had to wait in jail for a bed to open up. Two and a half months later I finally got into one. This time I was going to do it no matter what because I didn't want to go to prison. I also had the same lawyer who yet again saved my ass... She got it to where if I finished my 3 month rehad plus recieved my GED I would have the charges droppped but was told that if I fuck up again I was going to prison and they would try for a bitch charge. For myself and for my kid I decided that it had to be done... Enough dicking around.

I got out of trouble, finally got a full time job after almost a year of trying, and my kid turns 1 on the 3rd. I also have a house that I rent.... 5 bedrooms, fully finished basement, and a 2 car attached garage. I don't want anybody to think that I have overcome my problems because I haven't. I still fuck around with the other shit every once in a while but its a constant struggle. I am a drug addict through and through but my head is in the right place and I am finally doing good!

2. wow inspirational and crazy its only good to hear that ur minds in the right place i got nothing else to say good story

3. glad you're doing good :)

4. That was a very tough two years... jeez. I'm glad you made it through though.

5. That shit took long to read, but this is the only part that matters lol...

6. That will end you. You can't play on both sides of the fence and not expect to relapse. Other then that I wish you luck my friend.

7. Someones been going to their meetings.... But also smoking weed isn't good for a drug addict trying to recover... I get what you are saying though. The other shit doesn't have the appeal anymore. Downing 24 muscle relaxers would kill me now and not even give me the buzz I want.

8. i actully read the whole thing, good read, stay up

9. Crazy shit man. Glad your accepting responsiblity! Good luck!