Jagged tips on Inch Plant

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by TheMorrisGardener, May 3, 2022.

1. Hey peeps. Anyone know what this is about? Finding these jagged tips on my inch plant and I can’t explain it. It’s indoors and there shouldn’t be any exposure to caterpillars.

A1F19491-B20B-4E99-9ABF-FE3FB3DE68BA.jpeg C2BAC8F0-F581-468D-840E-2E88FA325C5E.jpeg 1BAAFFBD-6B54-4445-A019-7AB7D76BD075.jpeg 7DB6AFAE-A142-4237-9907-8C489DDF6546.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ok so something is eating it? Has to be a caterpillar somewhere then… it’s hanging out of reach and indoors. That rules out the entire list including dinosaurs. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. It is where the leaf naturally folds so it would be a weak spot. Wind blown tear is possible. Is it where people can brush it walking past? It's physical damage for sure.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. the lower stems hang far enough for people to brush them with their head, but I found a lot of these on stems that are mid-way down and nobody is tall enough to get there. I’ll keep an eye out for further damage. Should I comb through it for a caterpillar? I know we have fungus gnats, but those eat the roots.

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

It's to regular. Looks like it was cut with pinking sheers.

BNW

6. I doubt it's something eating. The location of the damage is to regular. Caterpillars would be much more random damage and usually in the core where the newest growth is nice and tender. Inspect all the same and ask google.
    It knows all. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. There is an overwatered condition that looks like that. Leaves get so full they snap and it looks very much like that.

BNW

8. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I looked all over Google for an answer. I have been watering it pretty heavily then leaving it to dry out. Could definitely be a symptom of overwatering. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1