Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Jaffa Cakes

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Digit, Feb 16, 2003.

?

Are they cakes, buiscuts, cookies?

1. cakes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. buiscuts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. cookies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. it's not really important. if they wanna call themselves cakes, let them call themselves cakes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. i hope this works, i've had difficulty posting polls for the past day.

2. Ok, Digit...I have never heard of a Jaffa Cake until your sweet little poll here and so I had to do a search on them and this was the first link listed:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_612247.html?menu=news.quirkies

Weird!!!

So, then I did a little more reading through other links and I have determined that it's a biscuit.....a biscuit type cake thing that could be a cookie!!!!!

On another note, I am devastated to hear that our resident Poll Master has had trouble posting polls. So devastated that I'd cry if it weren't for the Jaffa Cake thing that's so damn intriguing.

3. hehe, glad i could inspire a little quest for knowledge.

4. what's a jaffa cake?

5. thats what i'm trying to find out with this poll.

a bit of hard sponge stuff with a small circle of jammy like jello stuff with a layer of chocolate over the top. i guess its a UK thing. There's gotta b an american equivalent.. it'll b a dif name probly.

6. Sounds good enough to eat!

Funnel cakes are the shit around here!

Am I right RMJL!!!!!!!!

7. funnel cakes are the food of the gods...especially with powdered sugar on top...o man...I think I need a funnel cake

8. ::drools all over keyboard::

mmm... funnel cake...

seaside heights has the best funnel cakes :D

9. Fairs and funnel cakes!!! Life doesn't get much better.

You are SOOOOOO right, Bud Head!!!!

10. There's some places around your town that make some of the best!

I like the powder sugar and cinnamon!

11. love that link RMJL- I especialy like the fact that that guy thought it was a good omen for the brazil england game which we lost HAHA- Right well the answer digit is simple- they're cakes. How many biscuits don't crunch? NONE THEY ALL DO THE TEXTURE OF THE ACTUAL BASE IS LIKE A CAKE HENCE THEY ARE CAKES- WITH CHOCOLATE AND A BIT OF ORANGE JAM IT'S A CHOCOLATEY ORANGE VICTORIA SPONGE!!!! GOD DAMN YOU MAN IS THERE NO END TO YOUR IGNORANCE!!! here endeth the lesson...

12. Jaffa Cakes are mad munchy food :)

I don't actually think you can get them in America :(
    But I live in London! Huzzah!

13. understood.

14. Jaffa cakes are the best munchies ever. seems that only us brits have them then. mmmm jammy chocolate cake/biscuit type thing.

15. I've debated this at length before and I've come to the conclusion that it is a cake. It's primarily made out of sponge, it's got to be a cake!

I'd assume the main argument for it being a biscuit/cookie is the size and shape, but I find this to be irrelevant. A biscuit shaped like a slice of cake would still be a biscuit and vice versa.

16. well they're on a "sponge" base so i'd say small cakes