Jack's Classic Nutes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Doc-J, Aug 4, 2011.

1. I tried doing a couple of searches, and seem to come up with a load of erroneous threads or very little info. Does anyone here use Jack's Classic nutes?

I ordered the Jack's Classic 20-20-20, and blossom buster 10-30-20. My plants are about 10 days from sprout.I am using non ferted soil, mixed with 1/3 perlite. I was wondering if it would be ok to go ahead and implement a feeding schedule, and if so how much people normally start off with. Ive read everything from feeding from the get go, to waiting a month. Jack's recommends 1/4 tsp per gallon every feeding, or 1/2 tsp per gallon every two weeks. I have also noticed that some people will alternate these two all the way through veg and flower, and some switch from 20-20-20 to 10-30-20 once they go into flower.

Anyway, any info on using these nutes would be much appreciated.

Here are a couple of pics of how they are so far

Attached Files:

2. Forgot to add, they were just transferred a few hours ago. The roots had started to fill up the solo cups they were in. I watered the soil in the new pots prior to transfer, but not what was in the solo cups. I am guessing they will need water in the next day or so, as the solo cups were let to dry pretty good to help keep the soil together in transfer. They are in 2 gallon pots for now, and will be moved to 5 gallons eventually.

3. I've used Jack's for close to 40 years, good stuff.

But, it will fry those young seedlings if you get impatient and don't wait for a few weeks, When you do start, do the 1/4tsp once/week.

Otherwise, it's like trying to force feed an infant a 28oz T-bone steak.

Wet