Jackie Chans Son Could Face Execution For Marijuana Charges

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by enjoyandlive, Aug 25, 2014.

1. #1 enjoyandlive, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
    Beijing, China:
    Last night, China Central Television (CCTV) reported that Beijing police had arrested 32-year-old Jaycee Chan, real name Fang Zuming, and Taiwanese actor Ko Chen-tung. Both tested positive for marijuana consumption. The younger Chan was also caught with over 100 grams of marijuana in his Beijing home. Jaycee Chan, best known in Taiwan, Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland for film roles in Mulan and 2 Young, joined the Chinese entertainment industry in the 2000's. His arrest is the highest profile drug bust in recent history.

http://kotaku.com/arrested-for-marijuana-jackie-chans-son-could-face-exe-1623744009

Another reason to never set foot in that crazy country. 3+ ozs? never would have thought him to use weed.

2. Not much to say, the guy got carried away.  Unfortunately that's how the laws work.

3. That is fucked up. It's strange that I admire Far Eastern culture in so many ways yet I'm forced to loathe it because well, ya know, killing people over pot is wrong and all.

4. Murder over a plant? Most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

5. Makes perfect sense why people are being killed because of a plant!!!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409417270.278524.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. Lol, did you know that Jackie Chan's son is sometimes called the Paris Hilton of Asia?

It doesn't surprise me that this is what happened. Jackie Chan himself even stated that he doesn't want his money to be passed down to his son years before this incident.

I don't know how to feel about this situation.

7. #7 -Martyr, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    Yea, he got carried away stocking up a plant to smoke that probably mellowed him the fuck out instead of going off the rails getting drunk or overdosing like plenty of other stars burdened with fame and obligations. At some point saying "that's just how the law works" doesn't cut it. We are the law, we decide what is justifiable or not, and the majority of the world including those who are going to be handling this case, are of a level of mental bandwidth where they know that this fucking plant is going to do shit. 100 grams? Make it 100,000 and you're still alive as long as it wasn't dropped onto your head in a bail. I mean come the fuck on.

Jackie Chan loses points from me for apologizing for his son. His son did nothing wrong, except grow up in an age still run be old-world retards who partition aspects of this world away from whole cultures with yellow and red tape, and then try to say "you're gonna fuck up our tradition if you flex". Flex the fuck away. And every straight edge loser in the Kotaku comments section going "let's just not do illegal drugs" can fuck off. Let's just not have people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about write legislation that presides over those who are enlightened and willing to experiment with the only life we have. How about that?

8. It's too bad he didnt move and stay in the land o the free!

China sux.

9. I seriously doubt theyll kill his son.

This publicity is already embarrassing to their country and executing the son of one of their most famous movie stars wont make people like China any more.

10. Fuck'em. I mean I really couldn't give a shit about Jackie Chan's son. Never met the guy.

11. Exactly right, china has always been totalitarian since the rise of the chin empire.  You can call it communism all you want but Maoist and Bolsheviks are just the same bull crap that came before under a different name, there has never been a true communist regime any where in the world.  And Jackie Chan is a crap martial artist for the record, he would get his ass beat in a real word self defense situation, he began his carrier as a flipping dancer, and has always supported the powers that be in china.  Oh and Free Tibet.

12. what peopel dont know is that jackie chan himself is head of the anti drug board in china its not a good look for him if his own son is doing ''drugs''

13. #15 ProGMO, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    What do you admire about it? Some of the longest spans of imperialism and domination over the working classes. The one cool thing about making your kingdoms think you are their gawd or approved by the gawds is how hard they will work for you and fight for you till the death. 

Royalty inspired some great art at the expense of millions in its history. 

14. I think China will put it's foot down... it sucks that China has ridiculous laws against cannabis, but knowing the punishment, no one out a gun to his head and told him to grow weed.

15. damn right this guy could have left the country and if I had his connections and a love for weed you bet ur butt I would have left that crap behind.

Exactly right, the chines people and most people east of Europe are just a sheep and have lived with totalitarianism and have never even experimented with democracy or even rule by consent.  Even forces for good like the shaolin were snuffed out multiple times, and those who live in the temple are no shaolin.

16. Its just all the misinformation having innocent potheads internationally thrown in jail daily for what actually is just a harmless plant, we need reform!

17. I'd be surprised if he was executed.

PRC cares way too much about their image to execute the son of an international movie star. It just wouldn't look good.

Agreed..
    America isn't a police state at all.....
    [​IMG]