Jack the ripper-autoflower? (help)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TamyLove420, Nov 17, 2011.

1. #1 TamyLove420, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    Bought a couple grams from a co-op labeled "jack the ripper" it turns out it was loaded with seeds that I sprouted and have had under 24 hr light going on the 11th week now. Well about 4 weeks ago I noticed that the first pistils were female based on the fact that they had white hairs growing out the top. in my limited experience, the hairs always came about 2 weeks into flower.

So im asking if it is natural for hairs to show up in 24 hr light? Or does that mean its an autoflower strain? If it is autoflower does anyone have any info on the strain? cant\tfind anything on the net about autoflower jack the ripper.

Also havent noticed any change in growth pertaining to actual bud formation, just little female flowers with hairs sprouting out the top along the main stem at the bottom of the branches.

My camera cant capture a image of the hairs bcuz they're too small.

Thanks in advance.

2. Can you snap some pics? Is this just one or two pistils (hairs) growing our from the nodes of the plant, or is the top all hairy?

3. #3 TamyLove420, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    [quote name='"HydroBuilderCom"']Can you snap some pics? Is this just one or two pistils (hairs) growing our from the nodes of the plant, or is the top all hairy?[/quote]

I have tried to get pics but they come out blurry.

Yea growing hairs from the base of the branch Or node
    The 4th branch from the top has one small flower with 2 hairs. The flower is at the base of the branch that is connected to the main stem, and the top branch has 2 flowers with 4 hairs, (2 hairs per flower) but not getting bushy as if it were close to serious budding. Just growing leaf after leaf 5 weeks after the 1st flower appeared

4. Those are just pre flowers :) Its a female. Congrats.

5. [quote name='"HydroBuilderCom"']Those are just pre flowers :) Its a female. Congrats.[/quote]

OK but do hairs normally form in 24hr veg? I thought they form in flower?

6. They are called pre flowers and will happen no matter what light schedule. Those are characteristics that make up the marijuana plant... Its what they do.

7. [quote name='"hydrobuildercom"']they are called pre flowers and will happen no matter what light schedule. Those are characteristics that make up the marijuana plant... Its what they do.[/quote]

sweet! Thanks!!