Jack Herer, Blue Mystic, and some Purple

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Mordecai, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Yeah, I love seeing production in anything like that, its amazing. That would be awesome to be able to speed up flowering. I guess thats all in breeding though....

2. good strains.. nice choice.. I'll be watchin

BiZness

3. admn dude you roots are looking a-plus, im diggin yours set-up. That outdoor plant looks amazing. Good luck with your grow dude. I cant wait to to see the final product.

4. great grow been silently watching this.

5. Thanks man. Enjoy.

Thanks. Im pretty content with my current set-up. It could use a few modifications, but it works well.

Stick around, I wanna keep this thread alive. :D

6. So I found LED panels on ebay for 35 bucks a panel. The panels are about 14 watts a piece and I ordered two. The hps light is going when they get here so I can run a cool efficient veg room, still gonna flower with the 400w though.

Flowering room:
    Temp: Day 79-82 F/Night 65-75
    Humidity: 35-41% varies by day, but pretty much stays in that area
    The temps also stay around that range, so Im pretty happy with that

I put the quicker maturing Blue Mystic in the other bubble bucket. Its roots are growing insanely fast so I decided it was the best candidate for the other bucket. I gave it a small nute solution and 8 hours later its doing perfectly fine in its final home.

Blue Mystic (bubble bucket):
    pH: 5.5
    ppm: 370
    Nutes: Flora Nova grow
    [​IMG]
    The smaller Blue Mystic
    [​IMG]

Jack Herer (bubble bucket):
    pH: 5.5-5.7
    ppm: 1200
    Nutes: Flora Nova grow and bloom mix
    Sorry, only a pic of the smaller Jack.
    [​IMG]

No pics of Jack or soil BM, they're sleeping, but tomorrow for sure.
    I finally got the deficiencies worked out of the Jack plant and its growing branches like I've never seen before. Some of the tops of the branches are as tall as the main stem, and the others are working their way to the same. I want to get a screen over it to kind of even out the growth and keep everything spaced out. I did some lst for obvious reasons, very minor though, just to get some good branch growth. Also had an accident with her too. I dropped a light on her and it broke one branch off so I quickly prepared it and put it into a cloner, crossing my fingers. Other than that everything is fine with her.

7. Flower room:
    Temps at 73 right now. Thats pretty cool for day time.

Check out the branches on Jack, and you can also see the new very healthy growth since the deficiency.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres the Blue Mystic plant. Shes got a few leaves that soon need to be removed, but other than that she looks healthy. In the beginning for this plant, I used no nutrients, just left her outside and let her get big. I started using them very late, about when pre-flowers started showing up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. I found a viable seed in a sack of Black Domina I got. This bud was some seriously dank shit. I mean, even the trichs had trichs. Anyhow Im germing it so lets cross the fingers.

Im also getting some sort of a nute buildup on the roots and I think its causing random burns on some fan leaves. I have to keep cleaning it off every few days. What can I do about this? This is only on the Jack in the BB.

Jack
    [​IMG]
    LST
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Root gunk
    [​IMG]

9. Did some research and ended up at the hydro shop. I bought some Botanicare Clearex and Im flushing out the Jack right now. I also bought B.C. nutes which I made a pre-mix of for the Jack. Changing the solution in a couple days.

I got a damn good deal on a brand new 600w light package for 300 bucks. It came with a reflector, digital ballast and a bulb. I boxed up my 400w and that will soon be gone. The LED lights are in the mail right now. Theyre not very strong lights, looking at about 120w of converted power. The two panels and flouros should be more than enough to veg my plants.

10. hope that clearex does the job for you mordecai!

11. Well, the bottle said to only leave the solution in the bucket for 15 mins to and hour so I left it alone over night. I went to change it this morning and they looked a bit cleaner so I changed.

12. hope you get it all resolved dude.

13. Thanks bro. Ive had too many problems already with the Jack plant. Im hoping it pulls through.

14. Im gonna get a set of light hangers tomorrow and move the light out a bit. This will easily let the light cover the tray and the whole inside of the closet. Eventually I will put some partition up to keep it 100% light proof. That 600w light is so much brighter than the 400, its wild.

[​IMG]
    Blue Mystic
    [​IMG]
    Jack Herer
    [​IMG]
    Haze x Skunk #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. The Jack is showing some sex, Im pretty sure its a male. Oh well, hopefully one of the other two is a fem so I can have a mother. There are no more seedlings in the aero bin, just clones of the Jack and Blue Mystic.

Ill be letting the male jack grow until I can harvest some pollen. If he shows that hes worthy, Ill use some of his pollen on a branch of the Blue Mystic. The BM has great characteristics; resiny, good yielder, smells like sweet sweet fruit as well as the taste. Her leaves start to build up resin a week or two into flowering. A joint between two people is more than enough for a heavy smoker. The whole time the BM is in flowering you can smell the sweet aromas, so hopefully the cross turns out well, if not, then no big deal.

16. #56 Mordecai, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2008
    I built myself a dual bulb reflector. Had to make some holes but it turned out really clean. Now Ill be running 1000 combined watts, and both spectrums.

Im gonna have to buy an inline blower, the room gets down to about 85, maybe a little less. I really want a hydro tent and a blower, then I can easily get the temps down.

600w Digital HPS, 400w Digital MH
    [​IMG]

Heres the room before the light. The BM is filling out nicely, needs a little bit of treatment but after that, it should be good again. The Jack Herer is a female so thats good. I thought it was a male the other day, but I checked on her this morning and she had pistils everywhere. I took some more clones from her too.

[​IMG]

17. now THATS crafty!

[​IMG]

18. Thanks green!

19. Blue Mystic, the first fan leaves are just drained. I fed it right after they started to yellow, now you can see everything else is super healthy.
    [​IMG]

Remember these? NebulaXPurple, Purple #1, and a realllllly weird Jack Herer. They looked pretty bad so I just stuck em outside. I didnt even look at them for about 4 days and it rained for 3 of them. Must have flushed them out cause they are doing amazing now. Very green and healthy.
    [​IMG]

20. All but seedlings are fem.

Purple #1
    [​IMG]
    Nebula x Purple
    [​IMG]

I dont have pics of either of the Jack sex, but I assure you, they are females :D

Heres a load of pics of the 3 girls in the soil.
    [​IMG]
    Purple #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nebula x Purple
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jack Herer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]