Jack Daniels Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by upiyinr, Apr 29, 2014.

1. [SIZE=10.5pt]So I plan to make a bong out of a Jack Daniels 1L bottle with this downstem. http://www.ebay.com/itm/14mm-shower-head-Downstem-Down-Stem-Glass-14-mm-4-long-/121138267312?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c346744b0 . I plan to drill a 3/4" hole and place a 3/4" grommet and then insert the downstem. So far everything seems okay right? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]So my question is, if I drill a hole at such an angle on the neck, will the downstem go exactly perpendicular to the neck angle, thus following the neck angle at a 90 degree angle (following the grey path), or will I be able to let gravity partially let the downstem hang low a little bit following the red path? I don't want to have too much water in the bottle because the ratio from water to smoke would be 2:3 and shouldn't I want a ratio of about 3:2? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Also, say worst case I order the wrong size downstem and it's too long, if its resting against the glass will this be a problem?[/SIZE]

Attached Files:

2. That's gonna take a lot of water to get to the downstem, odd are when you pull it you're gonna get water in your mouth. You can drill it lower and make it a tilt bong, and if the glass is thick enough you might be able to angle it. I'd say go out and buy a bottle of holland vodka and use that. Make sure you have diamond tipped drill bit and drill it under running water to keep it cool and from cracking. Here's the first one I made out of a patron bottle a few years ago.

Attached Files:

3. Yes do your exact method.  When you place your rubber grommet in you should be able to angle it to where you need it.  I did this few years back and it worked perfect.  We did file the edges down to make it easier, maybe that was key.