Ive Researched Everywhere...male???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by azfox, May 4, 2014.

1. #1 azfox, May 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2014
    I've been growing for a almost a year now, and have had all girls! I am thinking my luck just turned....not a great picture, I apologize...but I'm pretty sure this is a male??? I have two in my flowering room...one has white hairs and then there's this guy! Trying to mess me up! I have the plant isolated from the rest, but input is greatly appreciated. I bought these seeds from the Canadian Hemp Co. and I have two planted....Blackberry Kush...they are stretching like complete idiots! They did the same in the veg room....tall and skinny and stretching like crazy! I have another pic I will post as well. They are supposed to be indica, but look more like the description of a sativa? Not sure what I have now! Haaalllppp!!! View attachment 1442525 sativa.JPG

If this is indeed a male, I guess I've finally figured out the sexing process! Not happy about it though. It has been in the flowering room since April 11th. Thanks all! Anxious to hear if I should pitch it or grow it outdoors and save the pollen? I dunno....still too new to me!  :gc_rocks:

Attached Files:

• male.JPG
      male.JPG
      File size:
      321.4 KB
      Views:
  2. It's a male... If you like the genetics, try to make your own cross breed. If not, I hear others making hash from males. However, I am not convinced that it would even be worthwhile to make. My males with good genetics I just save the pollen and compost the plants.

3. I don't know enough to mess with genetics...and not enough time. Out the door he goes! Maybe I'll grow him out just to see what he looks like in bloom, but I think it's much too cold outside for that. I live in Michigan and we are at least a month behind in our seasons with the hard winter we've had. Still only in the 50's....so....guess it's the compost pile! Thanks for your help! Won't be buying feminized seeds from THEM anymore! Not too sure the second won't go bad. Just a waste of time and resources! Ah! The life of a grower! Hahaha! All is well! At least I learned how to spot them! Knowledge is always good! Thanks Killer!!! ;)

4. He will survive outside I'm sure. If you grow him out and see more traits, you can save the pollen. Don't need to know too much to just mess around cross breeding. You won't make a cup winning strain without the proper knowledge but could definitely make a keeper! I've made a few good personal strains over the years and still grow them out. It's fun to experiment with breeding. Oh and not all feminized seeds are 100% guaranteed female. Chances are you will get about 1 male out of 100 fem seeds.

5. Please dont put it outside, it will live fine but will ruin many many o crops, you wouldnt believe how much buds are outside. Its all up to you but I vote compost.

Sent from my C5215 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Nah...he's in the fire pit...chopped him down as I plan on doing an outdoor grow....don't want ANY pollen floating around!  He's toast, trust me! lol Poor dude! Never pays to be a male I guess! lol