I've never seen this before. anybody have any info?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by HPsFinest80, Jan 5, 2013.

1. I've been growing Mj hydroponicaly for over 4 years with no real problems. i just finished growing "mazar x great white shark" from clone to keep it small and tight it was about 2 1/2' tall with a nice big tight cola and a fee more smaller ones, it was looking good. It was ready to cut down so i finished trimming it and was cutting the big buds off the cola to get ready to start drying, so when i cut the stem of the bud the inside caluxs' were white and the pistols were dark red, im not sure if its mold or just the way the plant is? I post up some pics. Any info would b appreciated. Thanks

ForumRunner_20130105_134644.png

ForumRunner_20130105_134703.png

ForumRunner_20130105_134720.png

2. I cant seem to zoom in on it from my phone, but from what i can see, it doesnt look normal.

A lot of the meds i get have white inners due to high amounts of trichs.. but i dont see enough trichs on the outter of your nugs to warrant that.

If you're growing as a med patient, simply look up a testing place in your area. You give them a small sample, plus a fee, and they give you THC and CBD levels, chemicals (improperly flushed), and mold/mildew report.

3. Hi can anybody tell me why I have leaves growing like this the rest of my plant is fine these just pop out from anywhere

image-1286669022.jpg

image-3759466406.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

4. I get light color like that in the big buds that dont get light to the middle so there's no chlorophyl..more of a real light green though and usually no hairs..cant really tell from the pic whats going on does it smell ok?

5. It smells great. I've dealt with powdery mildew and grey mold before and it doesn't smell or look like either one, even under a microscope. It was a really thick, tight bud so its possible the inside didn't get much light and lacks chlorophyll but it has plenty of the dark pistols and u said yours usually doesn't? I live in Massachusetts i dont think there's a mj lab to get it analyzed.

6. Maybe they noticed it and tried getting light to it and the hairs turned..cant remember if mine didnt have any at all or just white ones but ive smoked it all just fine..oh forgot you grew it but yea it still should be fine

7. when you get in there is it dried out? i've had similar problems with only a few areas of one plant and it was bud rot. wierd how it only hit a few spots and right in the middle of one of my top colas also:(

not sure but that is my best guess

8. No it was moist like the rest of the bud. Did the bud rot you had have a weird smell to it?

9. Have u ever seen my problem before iv read up quite a lot and some people seem to think some strains grow some odd leaves like the 1s I posted ......help

10. never really smelled the bud rot.. it was just brown and crispy. if its not crispy i am no help. let it cure... send it to a lab have it tested and see where it goes.

good luck

11. As long as the rest of the plant is growing good and you just get a few weird leaves u should b fine. But if a whole branch is growing those leaves i would cut it off because i had a similar problem before just 2 branches where doing that and when they flowered just those two hermaphrodited on me.

12. Mold/ bud rot

13. Revegging can look like that, other times its just genes.

14. ...bud rot usually looks like cotton is growing in the middle of your bud when the plant is growing or while the bud is still moist....once it dries, the rot turns brown....I don't think you have bud rot, I agree with tintizzy...

15. Thanks for all the feedback! I'm just gonna dry and cure it and see how it comes out. I'll find out about sending a sample to a testing facility too. I'll post the results as soon as possible. Thanks again everyone!

16. I also think it looks like it didn't get enough light. I've had mold, and that doesn't look like it. Mold smells like mold and if you look closely you can see the spiderweb like mold sting thingies. It might be cheaper to buy your own usb microscope and check it out yourself :)

Just to be safe though, keep an eye on it as you dry/cure.

17. the brown middle part looks like the beginning of mold...if that middle piece didnt get light it probably locked in a ton of moisture and was beginning to mold

18. I saved the pic on my phone so I could zoom in, I dunno man looks like red hairs, I'd smoke it lol

19. Just thought I'd update y'all. i went through every single bud with a 50-100x zoom microscope about 3 times. It was that the buds were so compact that the inside did not receive light so thats why the inside was very light green also there was a shitload of crystals inside that made it look white. I did find a couple of buds that had a very small amount of powdery mildew just starting to grow but i got rid of them. And after drying and curing the rest, it turned out to be some great smoke!!! Thanks for the help everybody.