Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I've heard of people tripping off weed. Is this a myth?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zeusophobia, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I had a little trip the other night, i was looking at my computer after i had bakeddd for like an hour straight. I was done haha. But i looked at my computer real quick and looked up and i could have swore i was on a beach looking out at the ocean, and i blinked and i was back in my dark room lol. I was like wtffff...

2. Ive shroomed, Fried, tripped on DMT, and Ketamine, straight up... no.. You absolutely will not come anywhere even remotely close to the same thing. Not the same body high, not the same head high, not EVEN close to the same visuals. Seeing some colors a little more vibrant and tripping out with your eyes closed is not "Tripping"

3. there might be instances where people have "tripped" off weed but i promise its nothing like shrooms, and u have to take like an eighth of shrooms (which is a lot) to see anything, definitely can't sleep on shrooms. Personally the first time i ate the magical fungi it was midnight lol, made for a fun night but the next day was awful, wont be doing that again any time soon. Next time will be at a reasonable hour.
    Never try to watch inception on shrooms, lol i still dont know what the hell was going on

4. Ive never tripped from smoking and I've consumed large amounts of pot. It's nothing like acid or mushrooms. 2 completely different feelings imo.

5. Last time I ate edibles I "tripped" pretty hard. I ate 8 brownies with about 2.5 grams of dank in each one.

6. my friends and i hotboxed with 3 jays and 4 bowls of some straight strawberry cough and we were aaaaaaall stoned. my friends puts on his dubstep with his 2 10" subs and 2 12" subs in his car and i was trippin'. it was legit

7. ^i second this.

I've gotten this sensation that I was on a roller coaster the other night after 3 bowls from the vape. It was G4, NorthernLights x OG, and some strain called LemonPops mixed together. It was before bed and I couldn't even turn my TV off I was so bed-locked and I felt almost like I was nodding out and everything just started shaking like I was thrown into a giant box and shaken up. haahaha It was intense. Sorry if I'm high-rambling :smoking:

8. No, you don't trip on weed, if you think you do then you haven't tried shrooms before.

And don't give me shit about tripping being a broad term, being stoned and tripping don't even fucking compare.

9. #49 Verdurous, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Then I don't believe weed is a psychedelic. :rolleyes: Thanks for ruining it for me. :p

10. Bad generalization for all, for some it's true.

Maybe the people who place so much emphasis on their marijuana experience. I've taken Salvia and LSD 3 times. Weed cannot even be compared, of course, to a room with 5 ft carpet and colors coming out of the walls. But, marijuana has definitely caught me by surprise. When I was a newbie smoker I would always "trip", not so much anymore unless I take continuous hits or if I hold off for hours before smoking.

We had one guy who had been smoking weed for like 5 years in our circle of smokers when we had all first started smoking regularly, 2-3 years ago. This guy would always say shit like, you have never tried a real hallucinogen, or he'd laugh that we'd claim we were trippin', but when you're really fucking stoned, it's not only an easy word to say, but it's an appropriate reaction to what you feel and see, even if it's tripping on a "lower" level compared to actual hallucinogenics.

11. THANK YOU- this thread will never die....

I saw someone else say people like me and you ^ are just too stubborn to say that the weed " trip" is somewhat close to a real trip.... SORRY GUYS- its just not.. the feelings you get when you really tripping DO NOT COMPARE to marijuana. Once you really trip, youll look at marijuana as something that is more soothing, chill- relaxing- not anywhere CLOSE to a insane trip that sometimes you wanna get out of but CANT... thats not weed yall.

12. ^^ and if you've actually tripped on marijuana, you'd know how ignorant that post is.

I've taken shrooms and acid, and you know what? I can compare when I tripped on weed to low doses of them.

Seriously just becuse you've built up a tolerance and can't doesn't mean others haven't- that's ignorant as I said above.

Try being a noobie, with a low tolerance, eating dank brownies and smoking out of a bong. That's what happened to me. Scary ass high that to this day I still hate. I wasn't ready and I wanted down, but I was tripping.

Yeah sure it's nothing like a peak of shrooms or acid tripping but you can DEFINITELY trip of weed under the right circumstances.

Psychedelic experience

Saw that earlier, way back when I hit about a 2.5 off of that weed trip.

You can trip off weed- but only like once under very certain circumstances, it's not something that can happen every time

13. idk, i've done pretty low doses of mushrooms a couple times and i'd say it can compare to being mega stoned. no hallucinating but possibly minor closed eye visuals and you can get that euphoric feeling. but it's minor as fuck. i've done a lot of mushrooms too and other hallucinogens and you won't ever get near even an average dose of anything just on weed.

14. i have personally. sometimes i see like perfectly. like crystal clear. sometimes bright CEV's i think there called. and sometimes i just get colorful images when i close my eyes

15. This reminds me of all the a-holes on youtube videos arguing over what specific sub genres bands and songs belong to. Fuck that. Just enjoy what you do.

I've tripped on mescaline, and it was definitely comparable to the first time I got stoned, aside from mescaline making me see things transition into different colors constantly. Never done that on weed.

That's what I've got to contribute.

16. #56 StayHigh v2, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
    fuck it im not even saying shit to the retards anymore......

who the hell made that chart- this is way too much... tripping is tripping- getting high off weed is simply what it is- it doesnt make you "trip"....... sure lights may seem brighter and music sounds awesome and you cant feel your legs ( the noobie high ) - thats like the first 15 minutes of tripping- after that its ALL uphill and downhill---- aboslutely NOTHING like being stoned.............. go trip

17. eating weed can get you very very close to the same mind state you are in when you eat a small dose of mushrooms. Ive had the same kind of visuals and the same broken, introspective thought pattern when ive eaten strong THC infused foods.

if you guys are dismissing it you guys havent eaten good weed before.

even smoking strong weed can give you strong visuals and a very psychedelic mind state

18. your not in a chill stoned mind state when your tripping-- your mind is functioning on a whole new level...

i have heard of people getting really fucked up off strong edibles though- still- you gotta trip to know

19. Ive tripped and I can def say, a high does of med grade weed can result in a similar experince to low dose of mushies.

Obviously in not the visuals, but the body high from some good weed can often be similar to the body trips. And on top of that, closed eye visuals, audio hallucinations, and other things. Theres also a lot of other similarites between being really baked, and trpping on low dosages. So yea, I think it is possible to "Trip" on weed.

20. i do trip and eating weed or being violently stoned is very similar to certain "unmentionables"

visuals and everything.

Weed cant get you anywhere near a high dose of booms, but it can put you in that "stage 1" zone.