"I've Got Worms" That's what we're going to call it.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Willhog420, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Wtf! I can't find these little bastards anywhere! I knew bugs were a threat. But I never expected this in a tent! Live and learn!
    Anybody got pest control advice, tips, tricks?
    These are obviously some kind of caterpillar or worm right?!
    Why can't I find them?! I feel like sometimes I can literally SEE my plants growing. But these things have eluded me now for 3 days!
    Please help?!
    Will neem oil help?! 20181110_100948.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. In a tent, where did the soil come from?

3. It's Coco Coir. Nature's Premium brand.
    I'm wondering if it could be a moth caterpillar maybe? It IS in my closet. Idk though. It's driving me nuts I can't find them/it...hopefully it lol.

4. I haven't had to look for caterpillars on any of cannabis.....yet. However, if standard gardening practices cross over..... When looking for caterpillars, look for their droppings. They will look like black specks on the tops of leaves. Then look for the caterpillar somewhere close above. They like to hide under, and sometimes inside, leaves and stems.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ty for the input. I gave my girls a pretty major trim tonight. So not only did I eliminate a lot of cover for these pests. But it also gave me the chance to thoroughly inspected each plant. I still found nothing!
    No droppings that I could tell either.
    I did read somewhere to look for that.

6. Is there something else besides a caterpillar or worm that could be eating the leaves in such a manner? Maybe I'm not seeing them, because I'm looking for the wrong thing? I just can't imagine what it could be, if not caterpillars. The way the leaves have been eaten and all.

7. Check for bugs in the top 2-3 inches of your soil. I’m willing to bet if you look with a jeweler’s loupe (or look very closely with the naked eye), you will see something crawling around in your soil.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1
  8. Could it be you are looking at healed rips in your leaves from a little rough handling or a fan that was blowing directly on them?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I found a worm. Moths, closet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  10. Would a fan really cause that?! That actually could be the issue. I just never imagined that it could do that to the leaves.

11. That was my first thought.

12. 11/2” worm check every leaf, under over
    It’s like finding Waldo, my worm came out front I just grabbed it. They’re sneaky check side of stalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1