ive got cannabis cutting in a cup of water will they root

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jayjay5396, Jun 14, 2011.

1. hi ive got cannabis cutting in a cup of water they been in water for 2 days now no sign of roots yet they not floppy so i guess they still alive am not sure if this will work its really just an experiment to see if it can be done with just fresh water nothing else

has anybody tried this and does it work????????

Attached Files:

2. yes it will work. It will take a while (maybe 1-2 weeks) for it to root.

3. thank you where do you suggest i put them on my window sil or in my grow room they in my grow room at the minute underneath the mother plant

4. Put em in the room under the lights, just farther away so as not to fry em, under the mother is good so they dont get blasted with light....i've done it and it does take longer to root but it'll work.... the only thing i would do is after about a week, change the water to fresh and u should be good....

5. right so that pic i posted is what am ment to do then wait 2 weeks wat ever for them to root????????

6. Try cover up the top of that cup to stop light penetrating down to where your roots will begin to form this should help them out a bit since roots dont like light

7. thanks for your advice i've just customized my cup take a look this is your idea after all

Attached Files:

8. I put them in the water with superthrive for two days in the dark so they stop trying to make leaves and they concentrate on growing roots and then put them in party cups with soil and use rooting hormone and put them in a fish tank with a light on 18/6 to keep the humidity up for two weeks until they have a nice root ball and then put them in bigger pots if your doing hydro it's diffrent

9. nah m8 am growing the old fashioned way the cuttings av never done before i dont have no root solution the 3 cuttings are just in fresh water since i put the paper over the top no light can get in at the roots

the thing about putting them in the dark wont that just kill them i mean any plant needs light even germination seedlings die if you forget about them been in the dark

10. Na putting them in the dark for a few days won't harm the cutting at all the leaves won't even droop it just make the plant concentrate on growing roots but you must do this as soon as you take the cutting if you have then in the light already don't worry about it just look into some of that superthrive stuff it gives your plant a good start in life and will pay off in the end I use it in every water now