Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I've got a sore throat that's going away after a week of hell , is it safe to smoke a j ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jittery Buffalo, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Hey guys so I've been sick for about a week and had this horrible sore throat ( not strep ) and today I woke up with it pretty much completely gone except I still feel a tiny discomfort when swallowing , do you guys think it's safe to smoke a joint tonight or will it make my sore throat come back even worse ? Thanks

2. Would you rather be sober & have a bad throat or high & have a bad throat?
    In all seriousness I don't think it affects the soreness, have a lemsip or some other throat soothing hot drinks and should ease any pain/symptoms

3. Thanks for the advice I will take some cough drops like candy for my throat :)

4. If that's your preference have at it:) but I've noticed with hard candy type medicine, it makes the throat abit harsher if you know what I mean? Like a mint that's way too strong, the weed smoke will make it feel harsher. Anyway that's from my experience, tis why I prefer hot drinks, it lightly soothes the throat and doesn't really affect the taste of smoke. A good hot chocolate should do the job, tastier too haha. Get well soon man. Peace from the UK!

5. I usually smoke through getting sick. Less, but I haven't ever gotten sicker I would say. Sometimes I've thought its cleared my sinus and throat some if I drink something hot after. But that could be high me's wishful thinking lol.