I've got a question..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by farside12, Jun 12, 2002.

1. I know a lot of you more frequent visitors to this site may be tired of the newbies asking variations of the same questions. However, I've gone thru many of the posts and still have a question (yes, I am a newbie :) ). I had a young plant that was still in veg growth when it decided it was gonna just dry up on me no matter how much I didn't want it to :( (it had been taken good care of, but I think I may have over watered it one day and killed it, not sure). So rather than let it get the better of me I decided to strip its leaves and dry them out. I put them in a small paper bag for 3 or 4 days with the top open. They are dry to the touch, but smell kinda funny (an almost sweet but not entirely pleasant smell, especially compared to how I know pot is supposed to smell). I just put them in an old pickle jar, lid on, in the hopes this will help. Now here are my questions.

1. Could that smell be just the "chlorophyll smell" I've read about? Or possibly something else?

2. Is it even worth going thru the trouble of trying to get these leaves to be smokeable?

3. Will my plants, when I am ready to harvest and dry/cure them, smell the same as this as well? And if so, how do I get them to smell like the oh so delicious smell I have come to associate with the smell of pot?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thank You!

2. Hiya,

Ok for the first question (?) are the leaves going to be worth drying out to smoke? A: Nope its sorta a waste of time as the plant was still in veg cycle and the plant would have had very very very little thc content if any at all at this time, so yes its a total waste of your time to dry these out, the reason they dont smell like normal pot is because it isnt normal pot its a leaf that was on a plant that did not go through a flowering cycle therefor had no trichomes and the leaf will not get you high.

A tip for you in the next grow dont over water the plants once the top of the soil is dry and almost starting to crack feed the plant, feeding plants in veg cycle that are in say a 3-4 gallon pot should be good to only water them once a week, that should give them enough water until the next week, weed is weed and doesnt need alot of water in veg cycle now once you get into flowering water it more it will need it !!

Good luck on future grows

Budguy™

3. Thanks budguy..going to go throw those stinkin leaves in the garbage right now!

4. thc isnt the only active ingredient of cannabis. If u smoke enough of these leaves from an imature palnt u WILL get SOMETHING fom it... just dont be expecting much if u have a normal or higher tollerance to cannabis usually.