I've got a question....

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by flytimes, Jun 15, 2009.

1. For those of you who HAVE used a HEAT GUN for vaporizing, which one works best and is cheapest? I am tempted to buy the "WAGNER HT 3500 DIGITAL HEAT GUN" but 350 F is not enough to vaporize and 450 F is a tad too high, so I was wondering, which heat gun is in the $30-$75 category will vaporize best?

2. 350F is actually high enough to vaporize, it wont turn your weed completely brown or anything and it will get the job done. You can either reuse the weed to cook up some brownies, or you can sell it to some noobs. That being said, I would buy the 350F one and it will work.

3. Do you know this for a fact? I don't want to sound like an asshole saying that from what I read 350 F is not enough, but where's your source, just wondering because this would be awesome if it did work.

4. I own a vaporizer.

5. So I was wondering what is the vaporizing temperature around? Could you tell me in degrees Fahrenheit and and Celsius

6. It varries to be honest, some people vaporizer low around 330F (165.5C) and some like cooking it till its black, around 380F(193.3C).

For me, I usually start at 350, and then later on crank it to 380.

Using your 350F Heat Gun will work if worse comes to worse, but if your able to find one at 375F, that will work too.

7. [/QUOTE]Using your 350F Heat Gun will work if worse comes to worse, but if your able to find one at 375F, that will work too.[/QUOTE]

Do you know of a good heat gun that is in that price range to do 375F?

8. I don't know that much about heat guns, sorry. I hope I helped you out enough.

Have Fun.

9. OK, thank you so much KurplePush! BUT I hate to be a pain in the ass (but there's always preparation H for that!) but I was wondering, I have two choices, this Ace Hardware Digital Heat Gun that goes to 400 F or (Ace - Ace Tree: Paint: Painter's Tools: Heat Guns & Accessories: Ace® Digital Heat Gun) or the one which goes to 350 F which one should I choose?

10. I would go with the 350F, 400F is overkill when it comes to vaporizing. I never vaporize any higher than 385F.

Glad I could help.

11. Whynot just get a hakko???

12. heat gun= hakko + gun
    anything made into a gun is wayyyy more fun to use!
    EX:
    paint.boing (unless your an artist). paintball gun= FUN
    elmers glue. boring. glue gun. slightly less boring as far as glue goes