Ive found my calling

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mushroomsatsuji, Dec 1, 2011.

1. I just finished my first EMT rotation at a major fire department, and nothing has ever felt more perfect. :hello:

2. goog lucky for you

3. Watch out for bodily fluids...

4. Congratulations! Now go save some lives!

5. I was an ambulance EMT for years. It can be exciting and rewarding work. I'm glad you like it.

Good Luck Brah!

6. time to smoke a fat ass blunt in celebration...oh wait, what you say :p

7. thats awesome man.

8. Wait, how old are you? I'm considering taking an EMT course just so if i ever find myself without a job i can pick up some cash at odd hours helping people

9. Congrats :)

10. Hon, I am so happy for you! So few people end up doing what they love to do!

Granny

11. I saw that you posted and I was expecting 10 links to dissertations and studies on how marijuana is beneficial in the use of emergency medicine :wave: :laughing:

12. Maybe now you won't be such a dick

:D

13. Congrats man, that's great that you found a passion.

14. sweet, same thing happened to my brother.. Im thinking about going into nursing

15. Good for you man. It takes a huge heart to serve your communities and actually like it.

16. Congrats. I tried out the EMT career path for a while. Loved the overnight shift. After 4 years, I decided I needed a change and never went back. I still miss the helping people aspect a lot. It's a very rewarding job to the heart and soul, but there will also be days you want to forget (like most jobs). In the end, your good days will far out number your bad days.

Good luck.

17. Enjoy man:hello:. I was part of the QRS team at my local volunteer firehouse and I enjoyed it a lot more than being "can-man" on the pump truck. It was even better when we got Quick Water Rescue equiptment....luckily I was the only one with my Rescue Diver certification

18. Im 24. You need to be 18 I think

But thats why yall love me!

Nursing is a good career to go into. Ive thought about transitioning into it after I get paramedic

Yeah, but you also got to learn to distance yourself which is hard for me.

Now that sounds like fun

Thanks to all you guys! Ill let you know how the ER goes:p