I've decided to quit.

Discussion in 'General' started by WhiteyGas, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ..tobacco - that is. (What were you thinking?!)

From now on, it's only pure joints, pipes and bongs - no more tobacco.

It's not the first time I've tried to quit, but hopefully it'll be my last as I'm fully determined to not give in.

Any advice from ex-smokers would be appreciated.

Cheers :)

2. Try chewing gum every time you wanna smoke tobacco

Get an ecig that doesn't have nicotine in it

3. 3 days clean. Been congested like a mother fucker with a lil cough. I got work today. Fuck.

4. I quit cigs after more than 20 years in oct of 2011 and shortly after quit raw plant matter , I only smoke BHO now and I feel so much better :)

5. Thanks for the motivation - it's only been a few hours and already the cravings are kicking in!!

We're in it together bro. Good luck to you.

Gum doesn't seem to work - I've tried in the past. I'll look into a nicotine free e-cig though!

6. From what I've heard from people who've quit, go cold turkey. They say that weaning yourself off is just drawing the torture out, get it over with and get all that shit out of your system. Just my opinion, though.

7. What worked the best for me was every time I got a crazing I just took a deep breath like I was taking a drag of a cigarette and breathing it out like I would too. Sounds weird but it helped me more than anything else including e-cig and patches/gum.

8. Congrats man. I bet that feeling you get everyday you don't smoke , feels a lot better then smoking. Keep it up. Find other things to do with the money you save on not buying cigs. Or work out or go on runs. Best thing I think that works is hanging out with people who don't like smoking or just don't smoke. Will make it easier on you. Good luck on your journey to a healthier life. I'm sure lots of people are proud of you.

9. yes to cold turkey , that is quitting :) , its like being half way pregnant you are either cutting back , or quitting , if you think of it like quitting you will quit , otherwise , yes you will torture yourself , also , allow yourself to enjoy the small daily victories and short term milestones , you can do it

10. My thoughts exactly.

Wow.. It actually helps! Thanks bro!

Damn, that hit my heart man, that's some serious motivation. Respect bro.

Cold turkey it is!

11. i really only like to smoke cigs when im drinking
    i dont buy packs so i feel like im ok but i really shouldnt be smoking period when my grandmother died of cancer

12. When I lost my job 6 months ago I became so broke I couldn't even afford a pack of cigs.
    Thats how I quit. Last week I smoked a whole pack of cigs though and was pretty ashamed of getting back on them. I haven't bought another pack yet though and it's been 5 days.
    The main reason for me smoking that pack was thinking about some of the best past memories, and of course I happened to be smoking a cig in those memory events. So it made me jones for one.
    wish you the best.

13. Cheers bro. I sure hope you aren't put in that situation again.

14. Glad to see you've quit OP, it isn't easy and you will be tempered to have another cigarette, but resist as you will get enormous health and some financial benefits.

My dad has been smoking for 30+ years and it pains me to see him continue to smoke when he knows its bad for him. The Australian government brought in packaging on all cigarette cartons that display graphic pictures of people that are dying from cancer, etc and it does get to him as he covers it up. He hasn't changed though and he's turned 50, so I don't know how long he has left, which is sad.

Moral of the story is, stick with your guns and you will reap the benefits. Don't be like my dad.

All the best OP, wishing you good vibes.

15. Use the money you save to buy a vaporizer and be completely healthy. Even while smokin your herb.

16. BHO is the way to go

17. Lots of great advice so far. Some things I do to control my urges

1. Step outside and do the deep breath thing while looking at the mountains, view etc.
    2. Anytime I get an urge to smoke tell myself I can have a cig in 5 minutes. At 5 minutes tell myself I can have one in 7 minutes. And so on.
    3. When I do break down I force myself to think about taking time off of my life. This way I make a very real association with smoking and its detrimental effects. Usually with the view of mountains that I have it helps drive that one home.
    4. Whenever I get the urge to smoke I change what I am doing immediately, because I noticed more often when I became bored and mind wandered I would want one.

18. I done the same thing nearly a year ago.

I smoked for nearly 10 years and honestly after you get past the first three days it gets easier.
    Well for me it did.

And what helped me was to take a sense if pride from not giving into the cravings.

Even though I was dyin for cig I would always just think I really wanna give up, so even though I wanna have a cig right now, I don't really. Coz if I break and give in and have a smoke den ill feel worse than if I don't have one.

Hope that helps!ha

Good look giving up.

19. i guit cigs 2 years ago although i do use a small bit of tobacco in zoots..:rolleyes:

20. whatta shame.
    [​IMG]

jokes aside. good for you man.