Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I've been smoking for years and I need some advice

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Arsenal14, Feb 14, 2018.

1. I started smoking back in college and now I'm debating on quitting. The thing is that I have been smoking about a .5g to 2g/day (depending on the day) for a long time. I now work in a position where failing a drug test could pretty much end my chances at getting into my planned career. I passed the preemployment screening with a substitution like I have done in the past. But before now I never had a job that I was actually worried about getting random tested. I want to quit because the stress of passing a random test is getting to me. I've tried to quit in the past. The problem is that when I try to quit it's honestly miserable. Can't really sleep that well and when I do I have insane dreams that wake me up. Eating is almost impossible so I drop weight fast. Then there's the stomach problems that are compounded by not really being able to eat much. I think the worst part is the psychological aspect of it. Just constantly stressed out and anxious all the time. I don't know if I should try to quit again or if there's another option. I really don't want to carry a substitution with me all the time but I open to advice on that just in case I just can't quit. Thanks for any advice you have.

2. Sounds like you should address the issues that are being suppressed with cannabis use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You'll maybe have a rough couple of weeks. Could your GP help if you explained what you want to do? I honestly can't think of any method that would allow you to pass a drug test at any time. Good luck. You can do it.

4. Sucks ass quitting cannabis for a great paying job with good benefits. I firmly believe it killed my childhood friend decades before he should have gone.
    All he wanted in life was to kick back on weekends and toke up. Dead at 56 was way to fucking early.
    Become a drunk and drown your troubles in high proof booze until you retire. If you live that long.
    I on the other hand worked for a local man who didn't care what I did on my off time so I've been toking since 1969 with no plans on stopping cannabis use ever as it's become my primary medication in my old age.
    BNW

5. I'd be stressed out & anxious too if i supported Arsenal:lmafoe:

Just kidding mate i support Manchester United so i had to say something for the banter;):laughing:

If i was in your shoes i'd try find employment else where that doesn't drug test if weed is helping you with stomach issues, what's more important your health or your job? I'd rather be working at a shit job that doesn't drug test then one that does:confused_2:

6. I fully understand your reason for quitting, when you accept it as inevitable you'll be able to quit. It's not as if it's a terrible addiction, you'll just be uncomfortable for a couple of weeks then you'll be fine. It's in your head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I agree with Ed. I haven't smoked since December and the first few days were hard. You just have to know that it's going to be hard and force yourself to get through it.

There are herbs you can buy that have calming effects such as valerian root, and pasion flower. Just google calming herbs or something like that. I took those 2 the first few days. Or you can just go to a health food store and ask a clerk. Tell them you're experiencing anxiety and insomnia and ask them to recommend something.