Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ive been cleaning my piece for 6 hours... Can this be bad for it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Vash92, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Around 1 am last night, I started cleaning my piece (insomnia). I'm using 91% iso and some course grain salt. Since I got this piece used, it has had a black splash line that has been driving me crazy (i keep my glass spotless) and just now, after over 6 hours of violent shaking, it starting to come off.

Here's a picture of the piece before I cleaned it.

[​IMG]

My question is... Can any harm be done from over cleaning with a mild abrasive such as salt? Ive heard some people say it "wears down the glass" but I learned in a college geology class that salt wont scratch Pyrex, so I figure that any amount of cleaning with this method should be fine.

2. Whoever told you that was very misinformed

3. Sexy bubbler.

What'd it cost you?

Why do you prefer to use a carbon filter?

4. That picture was back when I smoked flowers... I try to be as clean as possible with my marijuana. The carbon cleaned up the smoke and helped keep the piece clean. Since this picture I have switched to vaporizing concentrates out of it with a Ti nail, so the carbon filter isnt used anymore.

The BOOM bubbler cost me $180 used, they retail for over $300 but ive never seen one new. I originally saw the same bubbler here on GC and I spent weeks trying to find a used one because I fell in love with the design.

5. Nice ok ok that's dope as fuck.

I need to get me a ti nail.

6. Check out my tutorial for cleaning pieces. 6 hours is ODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Should take 30 secs to a min with my method and then i have another trick to maintain the cleanliness even while using ur piece

7. #7 Vash92, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
    ^^^ Your tutorial is rubbing alcohol and salt; exactly what im doing. If you read the posts in the thread instead of trying to advertise your tutorial you would know this.

[​IMG]

8. #8 MrxNiceGuy, Jul 5, 2012
    ok first of all dude i was trying to help you out no need to be an asshole.

You want to be an asshole so will i :D

i read your post man.

If you used 91% alcohol and salt and it still took you 6 hours.........your a fucking moron!

Theres no better way to clean your piece and if it took you 6 hours you must be one of the stupidest people on this planet

if you think salt is capable of having the hardness of scratching glass your an even bigger moron

have a good day and remember your not cool,

and keep giving attitudes to people on gc they will really want to help you with your problems then

Disrespect is not tolerated here on GC = WW

9. #9 MrxNiceGuy, Jul 5, 2012
    PS IF YOU LOOKED THROUGH MY ENTIRE TUTORIAL THE ANSWER IS IN THEIR. ID POST IT FOR YOU RIGHT NOW on how to get that stupid stain off in 2 secs but you want to be an asshole so im not helping you. Have a good one bro, and have fun cleaning that stain 6 hours every time you need a cleaning.... hey, maybe its ment to be if you have insomnia it will give you something to do. :bongin:

10. #10 Vash92, Jul 5, 2012
    The only difference between 91% and 70% is the water to alcohol ratio.... 20 percent less water would only clean it better because the deposits are not water soluble.

It took 6 hours because of how caked on the black shit was.... It doesn't take a genius to shake a piece with alcohol and salt in it. You shake till its clean. I guess since your apparently smarter then me, the alcohol will work faster, even if its a lower grade of alcohol that's been diluted.

Lets face it... You fucked up. I called you out, and your only defense was that your alcohol is diluted more then mine, which isn't really a defense at all. What it really is, is you trying to salvage your reputation on a weed smoking forum. I asked a legitimate question and all you have done is hijack my thread with idiocy.

Make better use of your keyboard, unplug it and find a way to hang yourself with it. Your smart, im sure you will figure it out.

Disrespect is not tolerated here -= WW

11. #11 MrxNiceGuy, Jul 5, 2012
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHA KEEP SHOWING YOUR STUPIDITY MAN

IF YOU LOOK IN THE FINE PRINT I SAID YOU CAN USE A MINIMUM OF 70% I RECOMMEND 99%. Some people cannot acquire more then 70% so i was letting those people know that 70% can clean your piece within a minute (so i have no idea how you fucked up with a higher %)

AND WHAT I WAS GOING TO TELL YOU TO REMOVE THAT STAIN DOESNT INVOLVE SHAKING WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL AND SALT YOU DOUCHE BAG!

THEIR IS A DIFFERENT METHOD FOR PROBLEMS LIKE YOURS ONCE AGAIN IF YOU READ MY FINE PRINT IN MY TUTORIAL YOU WOULD KNOW THIS!

AND DONT YOU EVER FUCKING TELL ME TO KILL MY SELF YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKING FAGGOT YOUR A FUCKING MORON GO EDUCATE YOUR SELF INSTEAD OF WASTING 6 HOURS A NIGHT SHACKING YOUR PIECE YOU FUCKING MORON

wow, MORE disrespect - and this is completely inappropriate here - WW

12. Im sorry did I upset you?

13. Closed for review

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.