Its ok if i put my plants under the floros before they sprouted?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HouseofHash, May 3, 2010.

1. yes. i recommend everyone put newley planted seeds under light weather HID or fluros

2. I wouldnt. No plant needs light anytime before they break the soils surface. A lot of grow books recomend darkness until the seed emerges then hit it with light.

3. they arent plants yet. i agree about the light though, once that taproot comes poking out, its lights on brotha. good luck.

4. Great. One person says yes, and one person says no. They'll still grow right? I mean, i didn't fuck it up too bad yet did i? They've been under floros for at least 24 hours so far and before that they were left in the dark.. i don't know if i made the best choices.

5. theres no plant there to need light

you are just wasting electricity

it doesnt need light until it has sprouted and even then the first few days arent a big deal

i usually germ mine outide of soil(paper towel method) and dont put them into dirt until they are 1/2-1"long

6. Wow - thanks ZEROorDIE - i'm never sure how long to leave them in the paper towel for, I get worried bout the lack of nutes, plus keeping the towel damp is a pain in the arse!

@HouseofHash

- Don't worry about it, before i started growing i bought a bag of hemp seed from a health store and had a practice run growing them - general rule of thumb, mj is pretty hardy and will grow no matter what, so long as it has its air-light-water-nutes!!

good luck with your grow man, what strain you go for?

7. Thank you so much for your help. And i'm using bagseeds that i got from some really dank strains that i've been collecting for a while, because its my first time growing.