It's Official: Debt Tops $20 Trillion for First Time; Jumps $317,645,000,000 in 1 Day

Discussion in 'Politics' started by well highdrated, Sep 12, 2017.

1. yeah I mean, obviously a real person would have to do that lol. But, we prop up the worlds economy. So obviously they keep writing checks. The problem is and has been, the bubble will burst at some point. Someone will finally say enough is enough, open up the vaults and show us that you have something in there (gold...fort knox..what our currency is "based" on) and then they will see.....nothing.

2. yes, you cant deny that obama sure did play alot of golf didnt he..................

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. so this is a thread COMPLAINING that trump was/is honest enough to eliminate the BULLSHIT conceptual "cap off" that that lying filth Obummer declared?!?
    thats so stupid like blaming night shift for dayshifts mess(or to put it simple enough for BOTH political partys to understand)
    its like day shift(Obummer)erroneously declaring the filthy bathroom clean(debt cap)so as to not have to deal with it then bringing they friends (yall liberals)back for slurpys(with the employee discount fer sure) and they friends(yall) getting mad at the night shift (trump)for the state of the restroom

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. its called attacking trump and getting ready for the next election.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The game is paying off the older creditors first, and keeping ahead of those looking to collect.

People look at the debt as a monolith, when it's actually a super diverse portfolio owed to many, many different creditors. For instance, American pension funds own a shitload of American debt in the form of bonds.

It is sort of a house of cards in that it only really works as long as investors have confidence that they will get a return on that loan eventually. As soon as people start to lose that confidence you will see problems. So it's tough to actually know how bad the problem is at any given time. But you definitely can't just borrow more and more forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. you hit the nail on the head sir.

7. crickets.....

8. Because we know that trump has a stellar record of paying back his creditors. Totally makes sense.

9. What is money and where does it come from? When money IS debt, then it is impossible to pay every debt off. Trump knows this. Bankers, lawyers, wall street monkeys know this. They're all gambling on who will be able to pay off their loans.

When you all have some time, check out this video.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. i wonder what the long term plan to fix the debt is, if there is any.....

11. There isn't, because any move to cut federal spending in a major way is political suicide whether you're a Democrat or Republican. Hell, people are talking about shit like universal healthcare and basic income when they can't even afford the current entitlements. It's insane.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I believe 1.5% of our GDP is going to pay off just the interest alone. IOUs written on old IOUs.

13. thats whats wrong with the typical thinking out there...cut government spending and its suicide.

i tell you what, i dont care what party they are, but if they wanted to actually cut spending, i would vote for them

its hard tho...u got everyone wanting their government entitlements....even me...im trying to get me some fema money for my house that flooded. i would just suck it up, but fuck it, everyone is leaching off the government. i will 2

14. Well that's the insidious thing about government entitlements, you absolutely should claim all entitlements that you can, because you've already paid for them. You shouldn't have to suck it up because you already have less of your own money to deal with it because you've been taxed with the promise that you'll get help.

15. 45% of Americans pay no federal taxes. Our grandchildrens future should not be spent building a welfare state which adds more problems than it fixes. I am not chastising FEMA funded victims who need help by the way but $20 trillion has been spent on the war on poverty and for what do we have to show for it? Concentrated poverty? Failing school systems with bloated union bureaucracies? I could go on about the unintended consequences of the war on poverty but its pointless. Plenty of blame to go around but if my country is going to hit a wall, I would prefer they double tap the breaks first and not lay on the gas.

• Like Like x 1
  16. They got the pedal to the floor dude. They just increased the military budget to the tune of 700 billion dollars, but no one is asking why the pentagon can not account for 6.5 TRILLION dollars in military contracts for fiscal year 2015.

You see how quick the establishment is to accept out of control military spending, but when it comes to providing decent healthcare for Americans, they bend over and take it up the ass from the insurance and pharmaceutical industry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. just when i thought i was out, they suck me back in....

• Like Like x 1
  18. u know the war on poverty has lead to people becmg dependent on the government, not sure if that was the point, but...
    schools are teaching kids to depend on the government

maybe it all has been designed for a reason?