It's irritating when friends dont answer their phone or text back!

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeffersong808, Sep 1, 2012.

1. It's irritating when friends dont answer their phone or text back! & friends who say they will show up but then dont.
    Do you guys have friends who do this? They just ignore you and never get back to you?

2. man fuck those mother fuckers

3. Never happened to me. But I would think that people who do things like that aren't real friends anyway. Perhaps you should get new friends. :confused:

4. yeah im just gonna drop em. Fuck them man.

5. That happens alot... It happens to me all the time...
    But then again i think i do the same thing... But i dont realize it..

But yesss it annoying.

6. shit happens to me allllllll the time. ill text people and never get a reply, or they'll text me and not say another word till four hours later. makes for some boring as fuck nights. I honestly can't even remember the last time I hung out with anyone :/

7. #7 ihipster, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
    was you blowin up they phone bruh i hate when niqqas do that if i'm ignorin you dont keep nagiin man i got my reasons man

8. never really have texted or called anyone except my parents

9. Doesn't matter cus I do the same shit lol

10. I'm going through this now. It's my birthday and I'm trying to get really drunk and high and my bud isn't answering...If we don't end up doing anything I'll probably just get some bud and get baked at my house tonight but I could go for some cold bud lights, a couple blunts, and a good time with friends. Annoying as fuck

11. #11 Niveuspuer, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
    No but remembering your now infamous thread about your long term gf and stds, I can more than understand why you do.

<Edit> Just realized this is a three month old thread. For a second I thought Jeffersong had come back. Phew.

12. ya i do the same thing to my friends too. not cos im ignoring them or don't like them. i just fuckin hate txting and talking on the phone all the time. its not the end of the world when i do chat on the phone though. sometimes i just don't have the time or attention span to sit on the phone and talk for a couple hours.

i'm definitely selfish for doing that tho because it only takes like 5-10 seconds to respond to most texts, but the way i see it - if you just want to chat and not kick it, im very hard to get ahold of. i don't like being glued to my phone, makes me feel dependent.

lol there's been a couple times where ill be kickin it with a friend and my phone will go off and their like "are you gunna answer it?" and i just say 'nah, if its important they'll leave a message'

im an asshole, i know.

13. mostly drug dealers lol

14. #14 narcissistic, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
    " it only takes like 5-10 seconds to respond to most texts"

but sometimes when you do respond........the replies seem to never end. small talk by text SUCKS!!!

Independence feels GREAT!!

15. The way I see it is- It is my phone, I pay the bill, it is there for my convenience (not for anyone elses). If I can't or don't want to, talk or text that is my choice. People that feel that I am obligated to get back to them in their time frame are making a series of assumptions that are incorrect and selfish. My phone, my terms, my timeline...period. Life is busy and chaotic at times, folks that fail to understand that can leave a message after the tone and I will get back to you when it is convenient for me.

16. Only time it irritates me

17. You are not an asshole, in fact that sounds like a very reasonable position.

18. [quote name='"MarleySubs"']ya i do the same thing to my friends too. not cos im ignoring them or don't like them. i just fuckin hate txting and talking on the phone all the time. its not the end of the world when i do chat on the phone though. sometimes i just don't have the time or attention span to sit on the phone and talk for a couple hours.

i'm definitely selfish for doing that tho because it only takes like 5-10 seconds to respond to most texts, but the way i see it - if you just want to chat and not kick it, im very hard to get ahold of. i don't like being glued to my phone, makes me feel dependent.

lol there's been a couple times where ill be kickin it with a friend and my phone will go off and their like "are you gunna answer it?" and i just say 'nah, if its important they'll leave a message'

im an asshole, i know.[/quote]

I know what you mean. If I'm chilling with people I don't wanna be the asshole with his face buried in his phone all night.

Another thing. I chill with the same group of friends 90% of the time so when they ask on Wednesday if I want to chill Friday, I won't commit. I love the guys but all that happens when people make plans so early is people back out and everyone gets all butthurt.

I can't commit, unless we gotta buy tickets or something until the day of. Just the way I am.

19. I do this all the time and I don't care at all.

No one is entitled to a response from me. It's my phone il respond when I feel like it.

20. I think it would only be irritating if you took it personally.