It's getting cold

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by thun, Sep 26, 2019.

1. So I built a greenhouse for my deck (please forgive my dirty deck). I don't know if it's going to work but I think it might help get the clones I started in July through these cold nights coming up soon. She's a 4x8 with a 7' pitched roof and I wrapped her inside and out for insulation. Before I installed a decent exhaust fan and draped her with a 50% shade cloth, the temp rose to 119 degrees. Now I'm in the low 80's. I'm hoping the shade cloth will let in enough light, but if not, perhaps I could hang some lights too.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. yea, i dont think that's gonna be optimal. been a while since ive cultivated so dont have much more than that, unfotunately. Throw some cfls in there at least

3. Thanks for the input. The plastic is supposed to let 85% of the light through and I have plastic inside and out. And then the 50% shade cloth on top of that so that's a lot of light being blocked. She's sturdy enough to hang some lights so all I have to do now is convince my wife, the warden! I kid, she's a saint!

4. Hey man, that's my wife the warden...She keeps a short chain on me haha
    Nice looking setup. In the winter you can burn propane of kerosene for heat and Co2 but lighting will have to be added at some point. If you live in a legal state no problems, I still live in a backwards state and have to hide my stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looks really cool. I'm thinking about doing something like this next year.

6. Thanks again all. I used about 50 PT 1x2x8's that I paid $2.28 per, I should have bought 2x4's and ripped them into 1x2's with a table saw. Right now I'm more concerned about the cold nights and hoping the black 5 gallon buckets will absorb the light and heat during the day and release it at night, a heat sink. Here's a few more pics. GH-1 - Copy.jpg GH-2 - Copy.jpg GH-3 - Copy.jpg GH-4 - Copy.jpg