Its christmas

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Phil Bowles, Dec 25, 2009.

1. and my soul hurts. My mother doesnt appreciate anything. This year for christmas, i only asked for one thing. This might sound a bit cheesy but all i want is peace, not even world peace, just peace at home. but i cant have it. I really just want to vent to somebody but my uncle died in november so now im alone emotionally. I was a wreck on thanksgiving, and now im a wreck on christmas.

My brother just got 2 zips of some decent mids. were gonna smoke it to forget all of our troubles.
    Life is way too short to dwell on lifes little problems

I just want to wish you all happy holidays.

2. i feel ya man. Christmas ain't what it used to be, and i hate how everyone in my family see's christmas as a materialistic holiday that has nothing to do with anything religious. I was asked to go to mass last night with my mom. First of all, she's jewish, and has only claimed to be christian for no more than 10 years. She goes to church once a year - xmas eve. I told her i wouldnt go because i didn't want any part of a giant neighborhood of "jones' " going to mass because they feel obligated, at least that one day. I didn't want any part of the commotion of such an "event." If it actually had anything to do with jesus and celebrating his birth, i may have gone (im not religious at all. Jesus is cool though).

Christmas today is me sitting in front of a christmas tree and television with my cats, watching christmas story, waiting for my jewish side of the family to come over while my mom cooks food. I'll take it for what it is and celebrate family, since thats all it is now, really.

and i left my xmas eve party early yesterday to go pick up a half zip for similar reasons. I actually just want this afternoon to end, so i can head back home to my empty school house and just smoke away all my thoughts.

Happy Birthday Jesus

3. Yeah, I liked the Solstice better, and that's only because I didn't do shit on the Solstice.

Shit gets crazy at Christmas. My mom's homeless and mentally ill, and she wanted to buy me a camera for Christmas. "No, mom! That's dumb!" Said I. "You don't know day-to-day where you're going to sleep, and it's the middle of fucking December. You need to take that money and use it for yourself, because having my mom alive and safe and warm somewhere with a little cash in hand is a better Christmas present than a camera."

She got me a camera.

4. she just wanted to show how much she loves you. wonderful gestures on both of your parts, i think. Hopefully everything works out well for you and your mom, im sorry she's in such a position

5. Whether or not she loves me has never been in question. But it's distressing that she thinks I need a camera more than she needs not to freeze to death.