It's Always Sunny

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by headsmaster, Aug 10, 2011.

1. GF and I visited Philly a few days ago and went to mac's tavern to drink. (Mac owns the bar)
    Really cool bar and we drank wine out of a can!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hope you had a good time, if you are in Philly again there also is Paddys Pub you can go to which is the one they modeled the bar in the show after in Old City!

• Like Like x 1
  3. We were planning on it but after a few bars we ended up going back to the hotel and sleeping.
    It was an awesome adventure, I had a lot of cheese steaks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh I know that game, I always plan to go to these bars, and then go to 2 and am ready for some bed...Cheesteaks are a must in Philly, Bonus points if you got to some of the best places like Tony Lukes or Steves Prince of Steaks

5. I thought about going where when I was up there a couple weeks ago but instead I went to this sketchy little corner place. It was cool as fuck and genuinely felt like the type of bar that the lowest bottom feeders of Philly like to hang out in. I fit in well and felt at home with the patrons which was limited to one drunk old dude into punk rock and the bartender who was pretty cool with lots of stories. The first pic is from google earth, it was too dark to get a good pic on my shitty phone. The second pic is from down the street where there was more light and my shitty phone could capture something. I like to imagine that is the neighborhood where Frank and Charlie live.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. I just want season 12 on Netflix!

7. Why do they use cheese wiz? Cheesesteak in Boston is where it's at. You get pieces of American cheese. And they actually chop the steak up

8. I'll have to try that next time in Boston but I can't imagine it being better than a Philly Cheesesteak...And it depends where you go, Tony Lukes is nice pieces of rib eye that are super thin that don't need much chopping just falls apart as you bite into it and other places in Philly chop their steak, just depends how you prefer it. And every Philly cheesesteak place offers American cheese as well, I usually go for American on my steaks but occasionally will go for Cheez Whiz, it has to be the real Cheez Whiz though, places near me in Jersey will use that generic cheese sauce instead of Whiz and it is nowhere near as tasty.

9. Tony Luke's sounds good. I went to the one where tourists go. Forget the name. got a sirloin steak not cut up in a sub roll with the cheese sauce, not how we do it here.

Here in Boston, and I believe new York is the same, they use American cheese as a standard and finely chopped the steak...not fine like a salt, bit small enough you can eat it without utensils :D

I'm bias to where I live but overall talking about all kinds of food, Boston does it the best. Seafood is best in the Atlantic ocean.

10. Love this show