Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

It's 3:30 am and I can't sleep.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pippy, Oct 29, 2010.

1. So I'm graduating college soon and need to stay clean to get a job so I stopped cold turkey 2 days ago. The thing is I've been vaping everyday for like the past 2 years because it really helps with my Crohns. It seems now that everything that pot is supposed to help with is the opposite. I can't sleep, I have horrible nausea and haven't been able to eat real food (threw up once, I'm living off ensure) and I feel really anxious and get random hot flashes. How long is this shit supposed to last, I don't think I can take 2 more days of this. Anybody have any ideas (not involving cannabis)? BTW I just got back from the drug-store with some benadryl and just took a pill. Hopefully I'll fall asleep.... Lesson learned, I will never NEVER do this again. Next time I'll taper off.

2. I hear ya man... Just graduated college here... and it's sucked having to live with roommates, and work 8-5.... I still try to smoke when I can, but it's tough. Just gotta tough it out.

3. dramamine to me is like instant anti-nausea. hope you feel better when you wake up.

4. I think you calm down and eat it right now would be best for your body!

5. Daily smoker to cold turkey.

Your body is accustomed to the weed. 730 days of doing it everyday and stopping will fuck up your body, brah.

Go to a doctor, tell him and hopefully you'll get some pills.

herp derp inb4 pillz r bad dude

6. Same thing happened to me last night, I've smoked everyday for a couple months and decided not to yesterday. Couldnt get to sleep so I decided to take a little hit :p

Definitely best to taper off.

And pills are bad dude.

7. Damn I use it medicinally too and ran out the other night. Let me tell you it was straight hell until I smoked some resin. I can't live without it.

Pisses me off so much when I need it to feel normal unless I want extreme stomache aches. And this fuckin society can't see that some people need it and its the best medicine possible.:mad::mad::mad:

8. Go to Wal-Mart or some place and get some melatonin. It is over the counter and its a naturally occurring hormone that we produce to get sleepy. It really works.

9. Hehe, I was reading over this review article on the endocannabinoid system (The Endocannabinoid System: An Osteopathic Perspective -- McPartland 108 (10): 586 -- Journal of the American Osteopathic Association) and this quote really stood out

So my CB1 receptor was down-regulated and it took a few days to fire up the expression machinery. This, I think, is the cause of marijuana withdrawal. So even though my natural endocannabinoid levels were probably normal (endocannabinoids are quickly synthesized at the cell membrane according to the review article) there simply wasn't enough to fully activate the receptors which were at a very low level. It's also interesting to note that endocannabinoids are full agonists (meaning they have full affinity for the receptors) whereas THC is a partial agonist. This means it takes a shitload of THC to cause this withdrawal compared to endocannabinoid levels.

So the moral of the story here folks is, NEVER quit pot cold turkey if you are a daily habitual user. You WILL suffer. Taper it down over the course of a week (taper down by reducing the amount smoked each day until you don't need it anymore and if you still need a little smoke every other day a small amount until its not needed).

BTW I'm fully better now, though I had to taper down by smoking every morning when I woke up (when the nausea was most intense). Today was the first day that I woke up not needing to smoke.

10. i got that too after i stopped smoking for a while ( the nausea/ feeling like i cant eat without weed/ shit being boring.... after about the third day i stopped thinking about it and i had absolutely no desire for it,.. well not as intense as the first couple days... realizing this made me appreciate the bud even more!!! in simplest terms- IF YOU SMOKE EVERYDAY AND STOP SUDDENLY 2-3 DEPRESSED DAYS WILL FOLLOW AND THEN SUBCIDE.... at least in my case haha

11. Just wack off and you'll be sleeping like a baby 30 mins later.

-Mark

12. I hope you got to sleep by now. I just had to quit so I could get a job, I used to go to sleep at 10:30 now I can't really sleep till 2 or so... I find I am having more vivid dreams as well. I guess it could be because my mind is more active. If you take melatonin, just don't take very much. You don't need much and it does actually work.