it hurts!

Discussion in 'General' started by whitknee, Feb 3, 2009.

1. I slammed my car door on my thumb, right on my cuticle. part of my nail is black.
    It hurts so bad. Ice doesn't help, neither does Excedrin. What can I do to stop it hurting?

2. shit, that sucks.

i've crushed my fingers a few times. but it was a while ago i don't remember what i did for pain.

just one of them things you gotta deal with unless you got better pills around.

3. i know this wont help all the way but have u tried marijuana?:rolleyes:

4. advil and a bowl

or if you know where to get some stonger pills like percocet or vicodin

5. Mhmm.

I have a shit ton of Hydrocodone 10's sitting in my drawer.

/shrug

6. Sure you didn't bust anything?

7. heat up a pin until its red hot on your stove then push it through your nail, it will relieve the pressure of all the blood under it

8. What chreeschan said but make sure you are hella sedated first.

9. I have had a problem like this before..
    Honestly..
    I don't really know if anything can truly help it..
    I suggest just sedating yourself with narcotics..

10. that happened to me. your nail will probably fall off; may or may not grow back...mine fell off too, but it grew back normally just a little crooked lol. keep it bandaged down so it doesn't rip off.

11. soaking in ice water usually dulls the pain a bit.

12. use the nail trick to relieve the pressure under your nail, you could also use a small drill bit and drill a hole in your nail.

13. smoke weed to ease the pain.

but other than that, there's nothing else you can do.

its gonna take awhile to heal though and when it does, the black part will come off and you'll only have half a nail. yuck!

14. try cutting as much of the nail off as possible.
    It happened to me, too..
    And I eventually cut it off enough for the blood to get out..
    Bandage that shit.
    It grew back.. :D

15. Haha I would advise against using a drill on your hand.

16. Why, she could use a dremel or light the end of that pin. Both will work.

17. You could always use a jackhammer and pound your finger into hamburger meat, that should help.

But no seriously, I smashed my pinky finger in a car door a while back and It was no fun. My entire nail turned black and I just ignored it until eventually It just got better. I didn't release the pressure or the blood or anything.

Just get a hold of some percocet and crush em up and put them into a vitamin water. Chug the VW and smoke a bowl and lay down.

18. I've done that before. I had to let it fall off and completely grow back, some neosporin and bandaids are your best friend.

19. This is what I did and seems to work well, but all cases are different.

Exacto blade inserted into the exacto holder (must be a new blade) sterilize it with rubbing alcohol, whipe off the excess, heat it up with a lighter until very hot, allow it to sit on your nail using just the wieght of the holder and blade, dont push down on it, and slowly twist the blade, will dig a hole through the nail allowing you to release blood without pain.
    Its best if you can have someone else (preferably a woman) twist the blade so you get maximum accuracy.

20. The idea of drilling into my body with a power tool inst too appealing. especially if that bit happened to knick the nail bed...