It gets better - a Google Chrome project

Discussion in 'General' started by Sproggs, May 13, 2011.

1. I saw this commercial the other day, and though I'm not gay, I have gay relatives and gay friends. This commercial really hit me, I don't really know why. I almost choked up when I saw Woody, too.

What do you guys think?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPnJOZYdA]YouTube - Google Chrome: It Gets Better[/ame]

2. Awww. :( Brought a manly tear to my eye.

3. Ignorant heterosexuals are right to fear the gay community. They are the future. Our future. The next step in our evolution.

4. What?

5. That was wonderful :love:

6. I Lol'd @ woody

7. Because suicide is funny, right?

8. I thought the national campaign to help gay teens was over. I thought wrong.

''nothing against gay people
    ''just thought that national campaign had calmed down

9. No offense to anybody, but I think these gay kids need to settle down.

10. This thread could get nasty. :rolleyes:

11. That's awesome.. Good shit

12. I understand. Sometimes gays can be a little much with the pride and the rainbows as all. Respectable opinion.

You don't feel what they feel though, you need to understand that. When you walk into a classroom everyday and people automatically hate you JUST because of who you are, hate you over something you have no control over, its literally like walking through the gates of hell.

I was bullied and hated and made fun of and beat up in elementary, just because of who I was. I wasn't gay, but I liked Harry Potter, I wore glasses, I was a "nerdy little fag" and that shit doesn't feel so good.

13. Seems pretty gay to me, get a mutation in your skull like me then talk. People get discriminated agsinst gays arent the only ones who are different, wheres the linear scleroderma campaign? Fuck

14. exactly... kids in general go through this, not just homosexual adolescents. Thats my point when I say the gays need to settle down.

15. Yep yep I totally wasn't bullied in school or anything myslef.. Nope nope nope not at all!
    I also totally NEVER had the feeling of wanting to bring my knife to school and stab certain people.

16. School is lame period. People will fuck with you no matter what.

Everyone has those days.

17. Good for them? I don't know what to say...

IMO, Google could care less about gays and is using this to look more liberal.

18. No one is denying this. The problem is that gay teens are committing suicide at a ridiculously high rate. I don't see how people are interpreting this kind of campaign as negative at all. They're just trying to convince gay teens that things get better, they're not implying that high school bullying is exclusive to gays.

19. Maybe I attended a rare collection of very sophisticated public schools, because my LGBT friends and classmates were never really persecuted while I was growing up - if they were, it certainly wasn't to that degree.

:confused_2:

20. All you got to do is switch the hate focus on someone else.. There will always be hate, just depends on which direction it gets pointed to..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7hQN4Amaeg]YouTube - South Park:Can you point to the fag for me[/ame]