Issues wity tent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by JHerrer Fan, Jan 5, 2013.

1. That would be the best. He probably would know much more about the nutes than me.

2. Great. Thanks. I got a few nice pics in my grow journal. Ill be checking yours out bud

3. I'm also looking to trade seeds if you have anything to trade

4. I just deal with clones usualy. Perk of having a medical card.

5. What's the diff?

How can I tell diff between male/female?

I'm not sure what I have now but I'm ordering a bunch of females

6. Clones are basicly plants that are double the size of yours cut off bigger plants (called mothers) they are then given a rooting hormone and become their own plant with the mothers genetics. With males they will grow actual balls... (some say they look like footballs others bananas) and femalse will have a calyx (like a ball so don't trash plants ) which then will sprout little pistils (look like white string). But sex can't be realy told til it is switched to flower for a week (maybe longer) or if it grows big in veg (you won't be able to due to your tent size) and it will show preflowers (sings of sex before flower). With feminized seeds you are more likely to get female plants, but not always (a family member once orderd a pack of 5 fem. Seeds and 3 were males, never got seeds like those again)

7. Well aside from that is there more diff? Which is preferred?

Can mothers reflower or do they die after a crop

8. Most people go with fem. And if your doing seeds it was a good choice. No. Mothers are kept in veg and tied down. They usualy grow to a certin sized and cuttings are taken off of her (which is why it stays small) then when you get sick of smoking the same strain you flower the mother and start all over with a new plant.

9. But it's the mother. Isn't that the same strain if I tell any the mother?

10. Yeah. You would get one more batch from whatever the mother would give ya. But to me weed is weed so I smoke it either way

11. But it's the mother. Isn't that the same strain if I tell any the mother?

12. Sorry dude. But I'm not exactly understand what your trying to say (I understand english is not your first language), but could ya re word that please?

13. Sorry. Just had some strawberry cough that has me typing a little funny. Ill try to reply later

14. Lol that shit will fuck ya up. I understand

15. Ok. So you said if I get tired of smoking the morher clip clones and smoke a diff strain. If its the same plant won't the clone be the same strain?

I like the idea of having 2-3 mothers and smoking whatever strain I want.

Would this be possible. Having 3 mothers all producing 2-4 grams a week that I clip (about a half ounce on 3 plants.) and repeat the process every month.

Instead of growing clones over and over and waiting 12 weeks

16. The mother plant stays in veg so you can cut clones and then grow them out. Your mother plant should not produce any bud. So NO your mother plats can not produce 2-4 grams a week. I recommend you picking a few stains and phenos you like then mother them. After their ready, take some cutting and then grow to completion.

17. So females grow no bud?

I'm lost now. I read the diff between the two but I never read that. Any links to reliable sources to learn more about the diff

18. Females DO grow bud, but you have to move them into 12/12 (12 light 12 dark) in order for the plants to flower. Unless it is a autoflower....
    If you are making a mother the point is to get clones not to get bud from the mother. Therefore, you never put your mothers into 12/12, you always leave them in the vegetative state. Which then keeps them alive for years but no buds.

19. Well I'm looking to smoke here. Lol.

Do I want fem or male seeds? I was told female is what I want but I could be wrong

20. So essentially I would keep 1 tent for mother and 1 for her clones.