Israel/Palestine

Discussion in 'General' started by Alphå, Mar 27, 2007.

1. It seems the more I research into the subject the more upset I am. I can actually understand why hezbollah does what it does. Its not a terrorist organization, its a group of freedom fighters.

Did you guys know that Israel for the past 30 years has been telling Palestinians they can't live in their neighborhoods, demolishing their homes, then building new 'jewish-only' settlements? They have Jewish only highways. Commutes that once took 25 minutes now take hours because palestinians aren't allowed on the main highways (only jews).

Or that most of the refugees in the world are palestinians?

And what's sickening is that the only country supporting Palestinians are Iran and Syria.

I wish there was something more I could do, but I feel like its not my battle to fight. Yet it seems like the Palestinians are fighting a losing battle (thanks to America pouring aid into Israel).

2. The US Support of Israel is one of the reasons we have so many enemies over there now.

At the same time I would argue that Hezbollah is a terrorist org.

3. I totally agree with you there so much shit that happens in this world and you feel like you can do nothing about it. Maybe there is something that you can do to help the world maybe not with that issue but there are plenty of things that you could by your self to make this world alittle better.

-Plant a tree.

-Walk to work.

-Help some rando

Anything that you can do to make someone happy puts them in a good mood. Then they are more likely to do something nice for someone else and maybe it will be a domino effect it's people helping people. It may not solve the problems in the world but it will make the one around you a little better place.

4. I know you are just trying to be positive but none of the three things you suggested are gonna help prevent the millions of innocent lives being taken for such stupid reasons.

5. You know what though, Nothing is going to stop the killings no matter what we do or say there ALWAYS WILL BE WAR no matter what. It's what we humans are we revengeful, Spiteful horrible people not everyone but Alot of people who run the countries and do make a difference in the world are They will do whatever they want until they are removed from there position.

6. I couldn't agree more that they seem like freedom fighters.

People are so misinformed about the situation over there.

Our backing of Israel is horrendous.

With people holding signs like "US supplied bombs/bullets were used by Israel to kill my children" it's a phenomenon to me that people don't understand why people have such an animosity towards our country and our actions in the middle east.

Kind of a side note, but I'm ecstatic that Iran is continuing enriching uranium. We have thousands of nuclear weapons at our disposal, and we are trying to strong arm them into stopping their enrichment, and it's just hypocrisy.

Who are we to step in and tell Iran that it can't enrich uranium when we have the most nuclear weapons of any country in the world? Especially since there isn't even proof that they are enriching the uranium for nuclear weapons, they have repeatedly stated that it is only for peaceful energy purposes.

In my opinion, it's good to see a country that doesn't just lay down and let the US walk all over them.

7. Puts a new spin on the 2006 Invasion of Lebanon, huh?

8. What a time that was. I thought it was going to escalate to so much more...a World War III, perhaps. I'm glad it didn't, but things still aren't much better.

9. So ridiculous. Israel doesn't deserve the land really they fucking go around and shoot Palestinians. Crusades are ridiculous. Shits going on in Iraq. Shits going on in Israel. Say we take the Isreali's out of there and ship them to the U.S. only 4 million live there. The Muslims kicked the Christians asses back in the late 1200's and still let them visit the holy land and make pilgrimages and now for the last 50 years its just a mess. Seriously if were going to wipe their asses everyday with money why not just use that money to take them here. Yeah Yeah I know they gotta make their pilgrimages but to my opinion Christians and Jews don't really care that much about the "holy land". At least not in the U.S. As long as we can journey their and do whatever its all good right?>

10. The real problem is that after WW1 when the ottoman empire was dissolved, the british srewed up by promising the land to arabs. Then after WW2, they promised the land to the jews. The arabs were there first, then the jews from europe flocked there after the holocaust.

Imagine you live in a peaceful neighborhood all your life. Then all of a sudden strange people from a strange land come in and outnumber you in just a few short years. Then they tell you that you don't have the right permits for your house, so they knock your house down.

11. The only way out of this mess is moving towards a secularized society.

Without the total eradication of a race, I don't see how this can ever be smooth over by political sweet-talk.