Iso or Simple Green?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by *c0rrupt, Apr 7, 2011.

1. What do you guys prefer? It's $5 for a 500ml bottle of iso (99% if i'm lucky...70% if not) and $15 for a 4L jug of Simple Green.

Is this the right kind of SG??

[​IMG]

How long would I have to soak my beaker bottom in SG for if it's only used a couple times per week? And when cleaning downstems/bowls, do you put them in a baggie and soak them as well? I do like the quickness of isopropyl, so that's why I am asking these questions before I try a new product!

2. Simple green is much easier to use, but it takes a little longer, however I find that it cleans a lot better, especially with stuff thats really stuck and if your glass starts to get discolored. I usually soak over night, but if you use it regularly probably like 1-3 hours depending on how caked it is.
    Downstems and bowls i usually put in a glass full of simple green and soak, but a baggie would work too.
    You can definitely reuse simplegreen several times. if you are using it a few times a week then you shouldn't have to change the SG for like...a month or more.
    I would recommend getting it and at least use it for a deep clean once a month or so, or just switch to using it over night.

Also, yes, thats the right stuff.

3. Thank you!! :)

4. fill a cup up with sg and let you piece sit in there over night . itll be clean by the next day

5. 100% acetone nail polish remover is better than anything you will use. Pour some in and shake for a good min, rinse and its crystal clear. Its worked on the nastiest bowls and bublers ive seen.

6. I like iso the best personally, it only costs $1.50(with my jewel employee discount) and it works very well

7. I would not reccomned Acetone.
    "At very high vapor concentrations, acetone is irritating and, like many other solvents, may depress the central nervous system. It is also a severe irritant on contact with eyes, and a potential pulmonary aspiration risk. In one documented case, ingestion of a substantial amount of acetone led to systemic toxicity, although the patient eventually fully recovered."

8. Well I bought the SG...have my HiSi/downstem/bowl soaking in it but only for a couple hours (they need to be used tonight)! If they aren't perfectly clean, I will re-use it tomorrow :) Also, iso is $5 here...if it was 1.50, i wouldn't have opted for the simple green!

9. $5 for iso is rediculous where did you see that price at?

10. Shoppers Drug Mart/Convenience Store

11. i use both, had a 4l jug of simple green heavy duty for 15$

12. i thought walmarts put all of those outta business.....

13. the wal-mart here is all the way across the city :p

14. Grunge-off over both of them. It's reusable and will clean your pieces faster then anything you've ever used. Completely deodorizes your piece, and makes it brand new.

15. Last time i checked simple green did the same...

16. My question is this.. I've always wondered how you reused the simple green? Do you just pour it back in the jug with the new sg? Or get a different jug to pour the dirty sg liquid in?

17. I always keep my used Simple Green separate from the original container. I just pour it back into a container I keep by the sink because I clean my piece at least once a day, usually more. I find if you just keep your piece clean though everyday, it will continue to always look brand new.

18. I'd say use salt/iso after a long sesh and then soak in simple green over night. That's what I do

19. Thats why your rinse with hot water for atleast 5 mins, as with iso or simple green, it all comes out. Do you not rinse your piece after using a cleaner in it?