Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Iso Oil?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BearThug, Oct 23, 2012.

1. So basically how much oil could you get out of amounts of weed, using the Iso way of extraction?

1gram?
    Half 1/8?
    1/8?
    Half O?
    O?
    Pound?

2. Also, what about butane extraction with said amounts of weed above!

3. lol rather than listing the quantities out, im just going to make it very easy for ya

a good iso run, made correctly with quality standards, can yield 15-20%. Since iso is polar and can extract more than you want, you could easily end up with a much larger, very impure yield...

BHO is about the same, assume 15% generally

4. i didnt know you could make oil wiht iso.... haha

5. [quote name='"CRAK420"']i didnt know you could make oil wiht iso.... haha[/quote]

Its awesome man haha

6. ive made hash, how do you do oil with it?

7. [quote name='"CRAK420"']ive made hash, how do you do oil with it?[/quote]

You use a solvent to extract the resins of the plant and purge off the solvent.

Really good hash and oil are comparable in ways, only since the solvent destroys the trichomes it becomes a liquid (which can be made solid but its nothing like hash) rather than a chunk of flakey hash (usually)

8. thats always my end product, ive never been able to make it into oil

9. [quote name='"CRAK420"']thats always my end product, ive never been able to make it into oil[/quote]

Because you aren't using a solvent (butane or iso are most common)

10. ive used iso but it always turns into a dry peices...

11. [quote name='"CRAK420"']ive used iso but it always turns into a dry peices...[/quote]

Are you filtering it? How are you making it lol?

12. [quote name='"CRAK420"']ive used iso but it always turns into a dry peices...[/quote]

Same here. I filter through coffee filters but once it's evaporated, it's more of a powder

13. Once most of the iso is gone...

ForumRunner_20121028_224015.png

Full evaporation!

ForumRunner_20121028_224053.png

14. [quote name='"SuperSilverDaze"']Once most of the iso is gone...

Full evaporation!

[/quote]

Dude how long do you soak the plant material in iso for?

15. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

Dude how long do you soak the plant material in iso for?[/quote]

I was told that soaking any longer than a min extracts chlorophyll, something I don't want. I haven't made iso hash in a while but iirc I would soak for 30 sec and then shake for 30 seconds. Then it sits in the iso for however long it takes to go through the filter. I let it dry for roughly 24 hours. It does it's job, just isn't oil.

16. [quote name='"SuperSilverDaze"']

I was told that soaking any longer than a min extracts chlorophyll, something I don't want. I haven't made iso hash in a while but iirc I would soak for 30 sec and then shake for 30 seconds. Then it sits in the iso for however long it takes to go through the filter. I let it dry for roughly 24 hours. It does it's job, just isn't oil.[/quote]

Less soak/shake time, quicker filtration man

Key to making delicious oil

Also, freeze the plant material and iso for a min of an hour before making it

17. Yeah, a minute is too long for an iso wash imo, i like to shake frozen shake submerged in 99% for no more than 20 seconds total, any longer and ive seen my yields change constancy. Also, using lower % alcohols will make the end product more malleable, but thats dries off with time.

Iso oil done right can be ammmmmazing and just as good as BHO