Isn't It Ironic?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TokerTy91, May 13, 2009.

1. Well, this is my first post on these forums, so here it goes.

I've been toking for a while, almost every other day, sometimes after I get home from classes and all that stuff.

The thing that is so ironic, is that I am not the stereotypical stoner, I'm in the top 10% of my class, 22/560, to be more specific. I tell people that I smoke green a lot, and they are just so astonished that a person such as me, a smart, straight A student, that on top of all that is gay, smokes weed so much.

Frankly, the things I really enjoy while high are related to school and more specifically English, when we were doing literary analysis of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest I would read it, hit the bowl, review, and my mind would make all these connections, like how it relates to the transgressions of today's society, and basically understanding all the underlying meanings and themes. Even my instructor says that my works analyzing the literature is extremely good, and has said I am a good example to all the other classmates. Ironic, huh?

Anyone else have experiences like this?

2. #2 sauteedferret, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
    All stereotypes are there for a reason. That's for sure. However, I don't find it extraordinarily ironic. I'm a college student, and through 4 semesters I have a 3.6 GPA. I go through phases where I smoke daily, and I agree, it helps so much.

The point is: there is nothing inherent in marijuana that makes you a stereotypical "burn out," it's all up to the individual.

3. Amen. A-motivational syndrome is a myth!

Barack Obama, considered by many to be the most successful man in the World, smoked marijuana.

4. Got that right, people who get this "amotivational sydrome" I think just have a tendency to be lazy, no matter what.

5. It's only ironic in the eye's of someone whom can't tell the difference between stereotypes and the truth. that very well may be the majority of your classmates; but, do they also find it ironic when an asian person can drive well, or when a black/latino is motivated and successful, or when a woman can do more than cook and clean? either way, i'm glad you're setting an example to your classmates. the "stoner" stereotype really ought to go away.

6. For a second, I thought this thread was going to turn into a bunch a people throwing ego around.

"I'm top top 10% of my class!"

"Well...I graduated with a 3.8 gpa last year"

"Fuck you, I have a 9" cock!"

Glad to see we avoided all of this. :bongin:

7. Yeah yeah I used to brag to on GC of my smartness but here I go again. I got a 4.0 in high school and got every dual credit class offered except 2. I was a sophmore entering my first year of college. Im doin the same in college, my major is Pre-Pharm.

So blah blah I smoke weed for 2 years from morning to night and maintained my 4.0. I was proud, but once you get in college you just kinda forget about it.

8. Eh, it's different for everyone. Me and a really good friend of mine smoked every damn day while I lived on the dorms with her. I fucking failed out and she's got a 3.6 or something and is still going strong. But then again, she did awesome in high school and still smoked weed and I haven't done good in any institution of learning since the 8th grade (coincidentally when I first smoked). Different strokes for different motherfuckers.

9. You think there's more failing kids out there that don't smoke marijuana than those that do? :rolleyes:

Humm...